Can't clear key bindings?

#1YaLikeDagsPosted 10/28/2011 2:07:28 PM
The game tells me to hold ESC for a couple seconds, but I do and nothing ever happens. The button works, but holding it just does nothing, and I don't want to reset all my settings just to fix one thing.

Anyone run into this issue?
---
=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#
I like Caravans more.
#2Unhead_Posted 10/28/2011 2:19:42 PM
Yeah, I do too. Its annoying, so I try not to make mistakes.
---
i7 2600k @5Ghz | ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe | Corsair 16GB RAM | MSI Lt. Ex. 580x2 | Kingston Hyper X SSD's | TT L10 GT Snow | Corsair H100 | Corsair 1200W | ASUS Xense
#3YaLikeDags(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2011 3:11:57 PM
Anyone else? Still looking for a fix. My fat fingers keep hitting knife when I go to reload, so I want to clear that key binding and leave knifing to my mouse's extra buttons
---
=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#
I like Caravans more.
#4KodegaPosted 10/29/2011 3:31:18 PM

The game tells me to hold ESC for a couple seconds, but I do and nothing ever happens. The button works, but holding it just does nothing, and I don't want to reset all my settings just to fix one thing.

Anyone run into this issue?

From my personal experience.

It seems you can set the same key to multiple instances (I set ctrl to toggle duck, yet it was still mapped to hold to duck). Once this happens it seems you can no longer use the escape key to clear the binding. So I went back and changed the toggle to duck back to default, after that it allowed me to use esc to clear the key binding on hold to duck. Make sure you haven't doubled up on the key binding somewhere. If you have set one of the binding to a dummy key and that should hopefully allow you to clear the bindings you want.
---
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.