Best guns top 3 per class (stats inside)

#1SaylPosted 11/25/2011 3:52:20 PM
Here are some useful websites in how i came to these conclusions:

http://symthic.dy.fi/?s=bf3

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ag42gMGK9WrwdHRfa0JhdW9TR1E0bjBueWVSQjc0V0E&f=true&noheader=false&gid=0

Assault:

#1 AEK-971: The AEK with a foregrip (foregrips reduce horizontal kick by 50%, and this is a significant reduction in the case of the AEK) will turn the AEK into a beast of a gun with the fastest time to kill in BF3 as well as being very easy to control, without the foregrip its significant horizontal kick will make it a questionable choice.

#2 F2000: Boasting the best hip fire in class and nearly as lethal as the AEK the F2000 is for the player who does significant run and gun. It is the least accurate while scoped, and does not benefit as much as other guns from crouch/prone, but for an aggressive offensive type player the F2000 is the gun of choice.

#3 M16A3: While its silencer is still bugged, it boasts the highest bullet speed in the assault class and can match any sniper rifle at that particular stat. It also has the lowest natural recoil in its class for any player that wants to use an underslung instead of a foregrip, this gun benefits the least from an attached foregrip for that reason alone.

Engineer:

#1 A-91:While its silencer is still bugged, it has significant attributes vs its competition in hip fire and lethality and is the quickest time to kill in its class. This gun is to the engineer class as the f2000 is to the assault. It is for the aggressive player with increased hip fire and standing zoom accuracy. The second DICE patches its silencer the A-91 will be the clear winner in this class of guns.

#2 M4A1: Highest bullet speed in class, as well as the lowest standard recoil the M4A1 is a great alternative to the A-91, especially for a slow type player. More accurate in the crouch or prone position than the A-91 and ties for quickest time to kill the m4A1 is a solid choice for the engineer class.

#3 AK74u: The only engineer gun that can use a working silencer as of the current patch, it boasts nothing of significance in any category with the exception that it is the only gun that wont put you on the minimap while affixed with silencer in this class.

Support:

#1 M249: This gun is not only the easiest to use in the 100 bullet clip category, it can also be affixed with a working silencer, having primarily a horizontal recoil this with a foregrip will significantly reduce its overall kick and lead to a solid support gun in all aspects of this class.

#2 M27 IAR: This gun suffers from it having an unusable silencer as of the current patch but boasts the best recoil, aim modifiers and bullet speed in its class. However this gun only has 45 bullets compared to its competitors.

# PKP : This gun has a workable silencer, boasts the highest suppression rate in the game outside of sniper rifles, has 100 bullets and does the most damage per bullet in its class. This guns #3 spot will probably be lost to the M240B when the patch that fixes its silencer is dropped.
#2Sayl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2011 3:52:33 PM
Recon:

#1 P90: This guns silencer actually works, the only gun in the PDW class that has this attribute. 50 bullets and a high rate of fire, although a very low time to kill compared to most guns in the game the p90 is a very interesting and unique gun.

#2 PDW-R: This gun is competitive with many of the carbines in terms of time to kill and has much better hip fire stats, while only having 20 bullets this can be upped to 30 with a increased magazine making this gun the most lethal in the PDW class.

#3 PP-2000: This gun is very hard to like, until you get the increased magazine than it will be appreciated for its 40 bullet clip and lowest recoil in all of bf3 stats. This is a very distant 3rd in that it outshines the UMP, MP7 and AS VAL which all have significant disadvantages. I would avoid any of these guns and the PP2000 should only be used for those who value spraying and hip fire.
#3mhughettPosted 11/25/2011 4:12:24 PM(edited)

Recon:

#1 P90: This guns silencer actually works, the only gun in the PDW class that has this attribute. 50 bullets and a high rate of fire, although a very low time to kill compared to most guns in the game the p90 is a very interesting and unique gun.

#2 PDW-R: This gun is competitive with many of the carbines in terms of time to kill and has much better hip fire stats, while only having 20 bullets this can be upped to 30 with a increased magazine making this gun the most lethal in the PDW class.

#3 PP-2000: This gun is very hard to like, until you get the increased magazine than it will be appreciated for its 40 bullet clip and lowest recoil in all of bf3 stats. This is a very distant 3rd in that it outshines the UMP, MP7 and AS VAL which all have significant disadvantages. I would avoid any of these guns and the PP2000 should only be used for those who value spraying and hip fire.

Problem. None of these guns are limited only to the recon class. Try again.
---
"Your belief in God is merely an escape from your monotonous, stupid and cruel life."
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
#4Nitti66Posted 11/25/2011 4:58:54 PM
I think hes trying to say recon is useless haha
---
Custom: i7-930 2.8@4.4 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | GTX 260 Core 216(782/1686/1202)
G51VX: C2D 2.53@3.06 | 4GB DDR2 800@860 | GTX 260M 1GB @ (650/950/1550)
#5gradius_Posted 11/25/2011 5:09:58 PM
Sayl posted...

Assault:

pretty much agree here. nice work. it's worth noting that the m16's reload times are significantly faster than the aek or f2k.

Engineer:
#1 A-91:[...]increased hip fire and standing zoom accuracy.[...]

hip fire is better, yes; zoom accuracy in any stance is identical to every other carbine with the exception of the SCAR-H (which is better when stationary and worse when moving).

#2 M4A1: [...]

best reload times in the class, whereas A-91 has the slowest; same goes for bullet velocity, and relatively low horizontal recoil puts this really close to the A-91 if not ahead, depending on your playstyle and basically how much you value hip spread vs stuff like reload time and usability without a grip etc
#6nicasenPosted 11/25/2011 7:31:29 PM
The M240B trounces the M249, IAR, and PKP by a mile, I'm really not sure how you missed putting a 3 hit kill, 850 rpm weapon in there.
---
And god breathed into the nostrils of Adam on the first day, and it was good.
#7Sayl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2011 7:47:36 PM
Unfortunately the M240B is a 650 RPM weapon, not an 800 RPM weapon and it is mentioned as once the patch fixes its silencer it will be the one of the best guns in the class. Not being spotted on 2D spotting is in my opinion, an advantage over a 50 RPM increase over the PKP, as for the other two machine guns they are completely different and it is a matter of personal taste. The M240B is only a 3 hit kill in the first 10 meters (the same range a shotgun is at full damage). If you take the time to click the links you will be see clearly why or why not something was picked. BF3 has many guns that are very similar the difference between two is usually slight.
#8LOLownageasdPosted 11/25/2011 8:07:58 PM
scar-h still has the fastest TTK for engineer
---
"donot anger me. you have not yet begun to experiance the worst of my rage" -me
#9Billy Bob JoePosted 11/25/2011 8:46:03 PM

Problem. None of these guns are limited only to the recon class. Try again.

The universal weapons are more useful than the recon-exclusive weapons. Get it?
---
Can my Antikythera Mechanism run this? - thenacho
http://www.youtube.com/user/BillyBobJoeIsaac
#10mhughettPosted 11/25/2011 8:46:39 PM

I think hes trying to say recon is useless haha

If you think recon is useless, you're a huge noob who obviously can't aim or know how much recon spots.
---
"Your belief in God is merely an escape from your monotonous, stupid and cruel life."
-Jiddu Krishnamurti