360 Controller support?

#1UFCharleyPosted 2/21/2011 9:55:02 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering if this game will support a Xbox 360 controller. I may get it on xbox, but since this will be a clearly superior version, I want to get it on PC too, the only thing is, using a keyboard hurts my fingers when playing and a controller doesnt. Do you think there will be support for the controller as well as some controller only servers so I dont get destroyed by you guys on the mouse?
---
1-2-3-4-5 I dont take your jive
#2WolfAlmightyPosted 2/21/2011 9:58:18 AM
You may be able to get a controller to work using something like JoyToKey but I doubt there'll be native support for it since looking around is always hard-coded to use the mouse. In any case, there won't be controller-only servers.
#3aak57Posted 2/21/2011 10:18:07 AM
No idea about controller support, but one thing I'd recommend you try is using the controller in your left hand to move and whatnot, and just using a mouse with your right hand to aim. May be awkward at first, but at least then you won't have the aiming disadvantage.

Personally, I hope it at least has the ability to map controller inputs in the menu like BC2 did, since I like using a controller to fly helicopters.
---
~~a_ak57~~
#4UFCharley(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2011 10:19:40 AM
How about a joystick for movement, would that work?
---
1-2-3-4-5 I dont take your jive
#5EatShannaPosted 2/21/2011 10:30:03 AM
"using a keyboard hurts my fingers"

Pain is an illusion
#6Perfect GokuPosted 2/21/2011 10:44:48 AM
I hope is does, just so I can use mine for piloting helis/jets.

Piloting an air vehicle without joystick/controller of some sort = "oh god how did this get here im not good with helis"
---
Important Time Saving Tip: I've been using this name on the internet for 8 years now. I don't watch DBZ and haven't for several years now.
#7Prayer_PolicePosted 2/21/2011 1:02:03 PM
After hearing about the professional development of connecting the Kinect to the PC, I want to play FPS' by pointing my finger at my monitor and shouting, "PEW PEW PEW!!!"
---
PSN: PrayerPolice
XBL & Steam: Prayer Police
#8ImperialDragonPosted 2/21/2011 4:53:36 PM
If this game plays anything like BF2 you're going to get destroyed using a 360 controller. Do some finger exercises or something?
---
EMPTY [IIIII-----] FULL
The WTF!?-o-meter is currently... Normal . . . [Awarded Golden Muffin of Awesomeness x2]
#9NebsloxPosted 2/21/2011 5:54:36 PM
If this game plays anything like BF2 you're going to get destroyed using a 360 controller.

^That. Using a controller to play against people using a kb/m will put you at a huge disadvantage.

Anyway, if you really want to try it, you should use Xpadder. Joy2Key just doesn't work well enough to use for an FPS.
---
Don't.
#10royicPosted 2/21/2011 7:23:26 PM
Mouse users will destroy you and not to mention there's no auto aim which you will be used to for using a controller.
---
GT: Ducksaws
going off topic? www.speakeasyclinic.com
More topics from this board...
Battlefield 3 for free?Gt6_PRO46/13 6:27AM