Can't install from Origin problem

#1VeckremirPosted 10/26/2011 4:44:35 AM
Good Morning, I tried for a few hours last night to install the game for my PC. I popped in the disc, as I bought the hard copy, and then it went to origin, where I previously had set up my account, and started downloading the 11Gig file. Sure, fine, whatever. I plan on playing this game with all my friends from college anyways. If it takes awhile that's fine.

Two hours later it finishes up with the download, then it asks me if I want to install. Stupid jokes about stupid prompts aside, I click yes, it takes me to the Terms and Conditions. I accept those without reading them as usual, and then I get an error message saying that I have to be an administrator to install the game.

Perfect. So I close down origin, right click and run as administrator. Windows 7 is my OS. I go through the motions and agree to the terms again and I get the administrator error message again. How annoying. So I close it down again, I change my security settings for my user account in Win7, and start it up and fail again.

I'm getting heated at this point so I go into my control panel and disable user accounts, log in as the administrator and I get the same error message again. Meanwhile my jackhole friend is in Vent talking about how BA the game is and that he is destroying people in the server he's in. Jerk.

My question is how in the blue hell am I supposed to load this game with it religiously telling me I need to be an administrator. I tried running in compatibility modes and that also failed me. I will be eternally grateful is someone here can help me resolve this issue. Thank you guys, and I'm looking forward to your replies.
#2RRxGrasshopperPosted 10/26/2011 5:34:16 AM
I have the same problem!!!!!
Good Morning, I tried for a few hours last night to install the game for my PC. I popped in the disc, as I bought the hard copy, and then it went to origin, where I previously had set up my account, and started downloading the 11Gig file. Sure, fine, whatever. I plan on playing this game with all my friends from college anyways. If it takes awhile that's fine.

Two hours later it finishes up with the download, then it asks me if I want to install. Stupid jokes about stupid prompts aside, I click yes, it takes me to the Terms and Conditions. I accept those without reading them as usual, and then I get an error message saying that I have to be an administrator to install the game.

Perfect. So I close down origin, right click and run as administrator. Windows 7 is my OS. I go through the motions and agree to the terms again and I get the administrator error message again. How annoying. So I close it down again, I change my security settings for my user account in Win7, and start it up and fail again.

I'm getting heated at this point so I go into my control panel and disable user accounts, log in as the administrator and I get the same error message again. Meanwhile my jackhole friend is in Vent talking about how BA the game is and that he is destroying people in the server he's in. Jerk.

My question is how in the blue hell am I supposed to load this game with it religiously telling me I need to be an administrator. I tried running in compatibility modes and that also failed me. I will be eternally grateful is someone here can help me resolve this issue. Thank you guys, and I'm looking forward to your replies.
#3GomtorPosted 10/26/2011 8:52:11 AM

Turning off Norton Internet security completely while installing solved problem for me.

#4Veckremir(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2011 9:47:54 AM
Well, I had my antivirus software off, but I'll give it another go. Any other suggestions?
#5killianmarxnataPosted 10/26/2011 10:26:03 AM
I was dealing with the same issues...run BF3 as admin as well as origin.
I also re-downloaded the 472 patch as a "fix install" option on the bf3 game icon in Origin.

It works just fine for me now, although the stuttering sucks
---
ASRock Z68 Extreme4 | i5 2500k | EVGA GTX 570 SC | HYPER 212+ | 8g GSkill | 1T Samsung | 750W Corsair TX | CM HAF+ |
#6Veckremir(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2011 4:41:57 AM
So I got home and slammed my face off the desk a few times as I was still having the same problems. I had gotten mad to the point that I was done, I was going to uninstall the game, origin, everything, and use the discs for skeet.

Then I though why not uninstall Origin. So I gleefully uninstalled Origin, put my disc in, woefully reinstalled Origin, and then from there everything took off without a hitch. No massive internet download, or at least I'm assuming it wasn't from the internet. I have high-speed charter, but I've never clocked myself at 15mg/ps.

So in my case,uninstalling Origin, and reinstalling it from the disc seemed to have worked. I was happily getting my pants handed to me by all the level 22s on the server I found. Just thought I would share my positive results with the community. Thank you guys for helping me out, and please don't knife me bro.
#7mmiichael92Posted 10/29/2011 1:12:36 PM
I had the exact same problem, what I found is that origin doesn't give itself write access on creating its game directory when installing games...

solution I found was too simply create a new folder on your hard drive and save it outside of program files. (gives you the option when installing to change ) had no issues since.