how do i learn how to use the keyboard/mouse?

#1blingbling078Posted 10/28/2011 6:25:58 PM
as a console gamer i tried using the 36o controller yet im horribad at using keyboard online

i feel like too many keys to learn

anyone have a good setup?

im on a laptop btw and find it to be a pain with the small chiclet keys
#2EzioAuditore237Posted 10/28/2011 6:29:48 PM
There's really not much we can tell you. Just keep using it and you'll get used to it.
---
Fully converted Brony
Balance is over powered! Nerf balance! -TheBionicRock
#3Skizam33Posted 10/28/2011 6:31:05 PM
Well it's not like every PC game has the same controls, unless you don't know how to type we all have to learn the controls for games. You'll get used to it. If you have a mouse with a middle button and maybe side buttons, that can really come in handy.
#4Hollaback77Posted 10/28/2011 6:31:13 PM
Practice, practice, practice.

You weren't very good with the controller the first time you picked it up either--at least I would imagine.

One thing that can help is going in and reassigning the keybinds. Map your most used abilities to the easily accessible/comfortable keys.
---
"Hurry now! My muse is a fickle b****, with a very short attention span!"
Sander Cohen
#5Sir_Burpalot21Posted 10/28/2011 6:31:17 PM
Just practice.
Also I always move my crouch button to left alt. Its easy to access with your thumb.

As for mouse aiming, be sure you adjust your sensitivity to find something that fits well with you.
---
"Jack Tretton, chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, says he is pleased to see so many unsold PS3s sitting on shelves." -IGN
#6blingbling078(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2011 6:31:30 PM
there are some things i love about gamepad

i knew this would be an issue over getting on console but seein the 360 version graphically made me puke

i had to go with this

i find it will be tough to think on fly and crouch and run as im switching weapons using keyboard

only positive is the mouse bcause i feel lag with gamepad

i dont really care about k/d ratio its not COD as long as i get lots of points doing my class related stuff im good
#7dark_surgePosted 10/28/2011 6:59:51 PM(edited)
There's no real good way to learn other than practice, I guess. :)

Focus on learning what keys do what and moving your fingers to them and after a while you'll get the hang of it.

It's actually not too bad.

W,A,S,D - Movement
Space - Jump
Ctrl - Crouch
Z - Prone
Q - Spot enemies/give commands
F - Melee
G - Grenade
J,K,L - Chat to all, team, or squad (Can't remember which order)
---
I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be.
#8PhestezeoPosted 10/28/2011 6:32:28 PM
I would recommend joining some less populated servers and slowly easing and adjusting to your keys. Laptops have small keys, at least many that I've used compared to my fingers have, so it takes time to get used to them but you will. Just keep at it.
---
"If I was a dev, I would be proud to point out in a game I made that the best weapon to kill a hoard of children was the flamethrower." - Gigabomber
#9KickablePosted 10/28/2011 6:38:03 PM
just don't use left hand on arrow keys. i can't believe how long it took me to even try left hand on WASD. it's so much easier to reach a larger amount of keys. it just feels weird at first

here's how i setup most frequently used FPS commands maybe will help you:

sprint = ALT
toggle primary = Q
crouch = CTRL
flashlight = E
use = F
throw grenade = G
reload = R
night/heat vision = V
toggle firemode = C or X
More topics from this board...
Battlefield 3 for free?Gt6_PRO46/13 6:27AM