How do I install Back To Karkand?

#1wORXPosted 12/14/2011 3:34:08 PM
I bought the expansion from the Origin webstore and it sent me an confirmation email with no links in it? I tried updating the game and it said it was up to date?

Nothing here was helpful:
https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-download-back-to-karkand-for-pc?showhome=true

WTF?
---
"It doesn't make me mad or anything, just - my face and palm hurt now after colliding so often."
#2giocarePosted 12/14/2011 3:37:16 PM
You already have it, the last patch installed it for everyone whether they owned it or not.
#3John_MagnumPosted 12/14/2011 3:37:18 PM
Try going into your Origin client, clicking the gear, and picking "Refresh My Games".
---
John Magnum
Master of Subtlety
#4wORX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2011 3:47:40 PM
Thanks John. I tried that and nothing seemed to happen?

I went to the gear in the upper right to look at order history and it doesn't show any order history either?

But I have the email in my inbox that said I bought it.
---
"It doesn't make me mad or anything, just - my face and palm hurt now after colliding so often."
#5derwakePosted 12/14/2011 3:51:39 PM
u just need to update your game. if it says " your game is up to date" then you already have it and it was AUTOmatically added on to your account. Just use the server browser to select B2K maps and BOOM. ur playing.
---
HD 5850--6 GB DDR3--MSI 870-G45 AM3--Win. 7 64bit--Phenom II X4 955 BE--hec X-power pro 650w--CM 690--1600x900--Steam id=derwake
#6Agghh83Posted 12/14/2011 3:58:44 PM
Your game is likely already up-to-date; if you recently downloaded a rather large patch (like 1.5 gigs or something) then that same patch contains the B2K content as well.

I had this same kind of issue; either it worked itself out after about 15 mins or it was resolved because I logged out of BOTH Origin AND Battlelog, then back into Origin followed by Battlelog again.

Try it.
---
I came here for nuttin' but instead I got nothin', like I never came.
#7wORX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2011 4:06:19 PM
Thanks for the help all.

Here is the situation. I just got off the phone with an Origin support tech. He said my order status is "Open" and it could take 3 to 5 days to email me a code to update my game?

WTF? He also gave me a 20% off coupon for Origin. WACKY.

Wow, so 3 to 5 days for digital content that I could go to any of the 5 stores in my area and buy right now?

Or I could buy from Amazon and have it in 5 minutes?

Uh, weird policy Origin.
---
#8Agghh83Posted 12/14/2011 4:11:56 PM
Huh? Why's he mailing you a code? Actually... what code? When I bought it (and restarted everything) I immediately had access to it, didn't need a code or have to wait for snail mail.
---
I came here for nuttin' but instead I got nothin', like I never came.
#9wORX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2011 4:15:28 PM
That's what I'm wondering. This may be why.

I bought BF3 1 week ago via Amazon.com digital downloads. Maybe that's why it's not going so smoothly for me?
---
#10meerianPosted 12/14/2011 6:24:16 PM
Having the same problem after buying from Amazon. It even says in the battle logs that I bought it but I can't play on any Karkand map, it just pops up and says I have to buy it.

If you figure this out, let me know. I'm reinstalling origins now.