The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

HELP!!! "You need to upgrade to a newer version of Windows to play Battlefield 3

#1HelicioPosted 3/4/2012 8:44:36 PM
I purchased BF3 and it is on Origin, ready to be downloaded. When I press download it tells me I need a newer version of Windows to play BF3 even though I have Windows 7.

I've played BF before, but uninstalled it two weeks ago. I don't know why it is giving me trouble now. Please help! I want to play over my Spring Break before I have to go back to school. Anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks guys.
#2exclusiveburnerPosted 3/4/2012 9:02:29 PM
Well I would contact EA, I recommend calling them on the phone as they will do wonders, if you talk to them on chat you might as well just smash your pc.

That being said is your copy of windows legit? I've never heard of anyone having this problem...
#3kyntrelPosted 3/4/2012 10:57:22 PM
not assuming or judging but if you happen to be using non legit windows 7 as the guy said above that could be causing the problem. if thats the case hopefully u have a pal that has vista cause with vista u can have it activated on more than one computer. 2 might be the limit unless someone else can clarify. but i know it works cause me and my bro are using same copy.
---
Know who else trolls?? MY MOM!!
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Grizzledorf/
#4Syco ClownPosted 3/4/2012 11:14:34 PM
Perhaps make sure the latest service pack is installed?
---
Obscure Creations
#5goonermxPosted 3/5/2012 6:38:20 AM
Make sure .NET 4.0 is installed and Win7 Sp1. If neither of those work, you might need to re-install Origin.