Challenge Tower reward worth it?

#1True_KINGPosted 4/29/2011 12:16:09 PM

All the effort and time to get through all 300 challenges and what do you get? A trophy... and a mileena costume.... annnd? Is that really all there is to it? I like challenge tower a lot and it brings something to do once you beat the story and beat the arcade with everybody but there's no payoff. I'm long past the age where i want to see scantily clad women in a video game, if i want to see **** I'll just google it, besides mileena's costumes are already scanty enough I dont really need to see her wrapped in a rope and have her giant baraka teeth on display. after knowing what the challenge tower gives i really dont see the reason continuing with all this effort

#2TheCManatorPosted 4/29/2011 12:19:44 PM
I guess having grinded through 300 challenges that teach bad habits is supposed to be a reward in itself
---
This topic has been CManated.
PSN: SilentDragon870 // Mains: Ibuki, Cammy
#3NihonjinjanaiPosted 4/29/2011 12:19:46 PM
Yeah it's kind of lame. They could have thrown that into the krypt. A great reward would have been access to the bosses!!! Now that's a prize.
#4JyggaPosted 4/29/2011 12:22:47 PM
Playable bosses is a great idea. I would want something like unlocking the retro ninja outfits and dlc fatalities by beating the challenge tower.
---
Fear is a stupid emotion - Luca Blight
#5TrivioPosted 4/29/2011 12:24:08 PM
I only did challenge tower because i just wanted to complete it (i didnt skip anything).
But the reward, eventhough i did it for fun, still was a slap in the face.
---
" Don't be afraid to ask him the tough questions. When he doesn't know the awnser he will just pretend he didn't hear you. "
#6MadTrigger13Posted 4/29/2011 12:25:06 PM
^ Agreed. I was hoping you'd get to play as Shao Kahn in any mode other than online but no, just a Mileena costume...a costume for the one character I hate playing as...

Either way, I did them as I enjoy them and I enjoy a good challenge (no pun intended). It was good fun, except for challenge 251.
---
"It was a ghost! it left ectoplasm everywhere..." - Randy Marsh
Waiting for Mortal Kombat, LA Noire, Deus Ex & that very expensive November XD
#7Ghost_702Posted 4/29/2011 12:34:05 PM
The reward does suck, but it's something to do. Challenge Tower adds a lot of replayability to the game. Some of them are really fun to do. For example, I got a test your luck where I had unlimited super meter (or whatever it's called) and my opponent couldn't block, so it was fun spamming my x-ray lol. However, some of them are really really difficult and it often feels pointless to even try beating it, because as you said, all you get is an extra costume.