absolutely cannot beat shao kahn with liu kang

#1SenorGauntletPosted 4/30/2011 5:04:48 PM
...on normal. I've never been bad at fighting games, and I've always been pretty good at MK. I don't get it. I just cannot beat him. I tried the advice I found on here - i.e. spam low fireballs, if he gets in close, xray, but my fireballs don't do s*** and he gets close a lot more frequently than my xray gets full. He also usually corners me. I die because he spams spears + hammers at me constantly. I usually duck under the spears, but can't react in time to jump the hammers, if I plan on attacking at all.

What do
---
Hail, hail Freedonia.
#2VayneSoloPosted 4/30/2011 5:10:02 PM
Change character? Liu Kang sucks, by the way.
#3RawePosted 4/30/2011 5:11:06 PM
A cheap way to beat him, with any character, is land a combo on him, then before he jumps up, immediately get over to where he is and jump over him. Than do another fast combo on him, repeat.
---
PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB Mushkin DDR3 Blackline
#4NafzgerPosted 4/30/2011 5:11:19 PM
You've been told what to do. Utilize those tips. If they don't work, give up. That's what I do.
---
PSN: Nafzger (No more XBL, and good riddance!)
Such is the bloodlust of these bearded hustlers.
#5MienaikagePosted 4/30/2011 5:12:34 PM
Use high fireballs instead, faster recovery so if you do a fireball and he does a spear at the same time you recover in time to duck again.

If you can't jump the hammers at full screen I'm afraid you're just going to have to practice.
---
The original Master Ninja
Achievement boosting: kinda like counting the girls you've jerked it to as girls you actually laid - Travisclees
#6AavalonPosted 4/30/2011 5:13:21 PM
Fullscreen fireballs, short range bicycle. Either when he taunts. Should be able to manage it on normal
#7Graif_R89Posted 4/30/2011 5:19:08 PM
I don't main liu kang, but I didn't have a lot of trouble with him beating Shao Kahn. For most characters, jumping over kahn sometimes leaves him open to a combo/attack. This is a good opening for a bicyle kick/combo to add to the fireball spamming. Hope it helps.
#8ScottsProgzPosted 4/30/2011 5:27:42 PM
When I get desperate to beat him I spam Flying Kick, Bicycle Kick. i mostly use flying kick, if he taunts or if you got a good feeling go for bicycle otherwise flying kick if he blocks it i instantly go for upper cut and if its a good idea ill throw in a jumping kick or 2
---
PSN ID: ScaRuccio
#9irishdude199210Posted 4/30/2011 5:33:48 PM
In the words of Shao Kahn "You Suck!" haha sorry :P lol

Here's by far the best way to beat him, disregard the other things you've read. Press 'Triangle', 'Square', then 'X'- this results in him bouncing off the floor from the third hit, after doing that combo 3 times finish with an uppercut. Ridiculously easy spam combo that does 10 hits and a good amount of damage. I used this, beat him first try.
#10Totally_SkilledPosted 4/30/2011 5:36:29 PM
I guess I got lucky with the low fireballs. Every time I would do the move he would throw the hammer at me and I would automatically duck because of it. lol