absolutely cannot beat shao kahn with liu kang

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat
  3. absolutely cannot beat shao kahn with liu kang
5 years ago#1
...on normal. I've never been bad at fighting games, and I've always been pretty good at MK. I don't get it. I just cannot beat him. I tried the advice I found on here - i.e. spam low fireballs, if he gets in close, xray, but my fireballs don't do s*** and he gets close a lot more frequently than my xray gets full. He also usually corners me. I die because he spams spears + hammers at me constantly. I usually duck under the spears, but can't react in time to jump the hammers, if I plan on attacking at all.

What do
Hail, hail Freedonia.
5 years ago#2
Change character? Liu Kang sucks, by the way.
5 years ago#3
A cheap way to beat him, with any character, is land a combo on him, then before he jumps up, immediately get over to where he is and jump over him. Than do another fast combo on him, repeat.
PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB Mushkin DDR3 Blackline
5 years ago#4
You've been told what to do. Utilize those tips. If they don't work, give up. That's what I do.
PSN: Nafzger (No more XBL, and good riddance!)
Such is the bloodlust of these bearded hustlers.
5 years ago#5
Use high fireballs instead, faster recovery so if you do a fireball and he does a spear at the same time you recover in time to duck again.

If you can't jump the hammers at full screen I'm afraid you're just going to have to practice.
The original Master Ninja
Achievement boosting: kinda like counting the girls you've jerked it to as girls you actually laid - Travisclees
5 years ago#6
Fullscreen fireballs, short range bicycle. Either when he taunts. Should be able to manage it on normal
5 years ago#7
I don't main liu kang, but I didn't have a lot of trouble with him beating Shao Kahn. For most characters, jumping over kahn sometimes leaves him open to a combo/attack. This is a good opening for a bicyle kick/combo to add to the fireball spamming. Hope it helps.
5 years ago#8
When I get desperate to beat him I spam Flying Kick, Bicycle Kick. i mostly use flying kick, if he taunts or if you got a good feeling go for bicycle otherwise flying kick if he blocks it i instantly go for upper cut and if its a good idea ill throw in a jumping kick or 2
PSN ID: ScaRuccio
5 years ago#9
In the words of Shao Kahn "You Suck!" haha sorry :P lol

Here's by far the best way to beat him, disregard the other things you've read. Press 'Triangle', 'Square', then 'X'- this results in him bouncing off the floor from the third hit, after doing that combo 3 times finish with an uppercut. Ridiculously easy spam combo that does 10 hits and a good amount of damage. I used this, beat him first try.
5 years ago#10
I guess I got lucky with the low fireballs. Every time I would do the move he would throw the hammer at me and I would automatically duck because of it. lol
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat
  3. absolutely cannot beat shao kahn with liu kang

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived