How to do jump Fatalities?

#1vgamefreak55Posted 5/1/2011 9:35:01 PM
I'm pretty good at the game, I can own anybody with Noob or Cyber Sub-Zero. I just hate how their fatalities are all (jump) fatalities. So that means I have to be jumping, and then I have to enter the entire combo while he's in the air?? It's pretty damn tough.... Any tips. Sorry for being such a noob I guess.
#2DragonPickPosted 5/1/2011 9:36:14 PM
Nah, it gets a lot of people.

Hold block when you do the directions, then release it and press the correct the face button
---
You may refer to me as the Topic Killer
#3SpacePirateSealPosted 5/1/2011 9:37:16 PM
No you have to be at forward jump distance from your opponent. Easiest way to set it up is to get someone to the ''Finish Him/Her" screen then dash in up close and jump back input the fatality when you land..
---
PSN->TheReal_Seal SSF4 Mains: Vega Sub: Bison (NOOB BISON)
Rats live on no evil star
#4FreylornPosted 5/1/2011 9:38:02 PM
Jump in this case refers to a distance, like Sweep or Touching. You can find jump distance by standing right next to your opponent, then jumping backwards.

Alternately, fire up the Fatality Tutorial to have the proper distance displayed for you.

As was already stated, just hold block while inputting the directions - it makes things much easier.
#5vgamefreak55(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2011 9:39:17 PM
Do you really have to hold block while inputting the fatality thing from jump distance?
#6SpacePirateSealPosted 5/1/2011 9:40:05 PM
Freylorn posted...
Jump in this case refers to a distance, like Sweep or Touching. You can find jump distance by standing right next to your opponent, then jumping backwards.

Alternately, fire up the Fatality Tutorial to have the proper distance displayed for you.

As was already stated, just hold block while inputting the directions - it makes things much easier.

Not really, as long as you are in the right distance when you do the first input for the fatality and it makes you dash forward or backwards it will still come out.
---
PSN->TheReal_Seal SSF4 Mains: Vega Sub: Bison (NOOB BISON)
Rats live on no evil star
#7DragonPickPosted 5/1/2011 9:40:24 PM
Oh I see what you mean. Sorry, my bad.

Get close to the opponent, then jump backwards. that's what I do
---
You may refer to me as the Topic Killer
#8NarcelesPosted 5/1/2011 9:40:57 PM
No, but it makes it easier.
---
"Narceles, don't try to argue or reason with hippies and commies." -menalaos1971
Lazarus threw the party. Lazarus threw the fight.
#9Graif_R89Posted 5/1/2011 9:41:57 PM
vgamefreak55 posted...
Do you really have to hold block while inputting the fatality thing from jump distance?

No. You do not. And for the fatalities that require the up button, just hold L2 (the change stance button) and your character won't jump up in the air.

Also, to reaffirm, jump refers to "a jump distance away." You don't need to jump to do it.
#103D3Posted 5/1/2011 9:44:53 PM
Pretty ironic that you're good at the game and can own anybody with Noob or Cyber Sub but you don't even know how to perform a fatality.
---
If all on Olympus will deny me my vengeance, then all on Olympus will die - Kratos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WC1009371APSN:D-Squad3