One button Fatalities?

#21IronChef_KirbyPosted 1/25/2011 11:54:57 PM
Yet the earlier games that 'made the series even remotely noteworthy' had multiple-input fatalities that barred beginners from doing them, so what's your point?

... If you can highlight a part of my message where I said that making damnably hard fatalities was a good idea, I'll buy you lunch.

Personally, the harder they are to perform the happier I'll be. They're supposed to be a cool visual reward and a fun way to punish your opponent at the end of a fight. Making them too easy makes them less rewarding, and the easier they are the faster their charm will wear off.

It'll get downright annoying having to watch fatalities after every match if they're 1 button.

I don't know about you, but after years of Mortal Kombat I'm pretty desensitized to the whole thing; they don't stay fresh for very long and I'd rather there be a way for more people to enjoy them. Even if they get old, they're still better than standard winning animations in my opinion anyway; I can't remember the last time I won a match and didn't do a fatality to be honest.
---
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7512/flame201010170935490807.jpg
#22yutterhPosted 1/25/2011 11:59:36 PM
exactly...people will always use fatalities and adding in even a easy one like f f f hp will make it fun so when people mess up you can laugh at them. or when they do finally get there chance and do it wrong anyways its rewarding to see them mess up. me and cousin love making fun of each other that way. making it a one button means it will always be done no matter what and leaves out people making errors or accidently doing on. also if beginners want to learn they can its funner to atleast put something in then nothing.
---
Good news everyone! - Hubert Farnsworth
What do you mean "we", flesh-tube? - bender
#23IronChef_KirbyPosted 1/26/2011 12:04:42 AM
exactly...people will always use fatalities and adding in even a easy one like f f f hp will make it fun so when people mess up you can laugh at them. or when they do finally get there chance and do it wrong anyways its rewarding to see them mess up. me and cousin love making fun of each other that way. making it a one button means it will always be done no matter what and leaves out people making errors or accidently doing on. also if beginners want to learn they can its funner to atleast put something in then nothing.

Huh. When I'm playing with friends and someone screws up a fatality, it's usually the opposite reaction. "Aww, no fatality? Weak...", etc. =/
---
#24ParedoNPosted 1/26/2011 8:00:19 AM

IronChef_Kirby posted...
... If you can highlight a part of my message where I said that making damnably hard fatalities was a good idea, I'll buy you lunch.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. Mortal Kombat fatalities were able to gain notoriety without 1 button cheese mode, so why fix what isn't broken?

IronChef_Kirby posted...
Huh. When I'm playing with friends and someone screws up a fatality, it's usually the opposite reaction. "Aww, no fatality? Weak...", etc. =/

I usually finish with a combo and save fatalities for when I beat someone so badly that they deserve a little insult with their injury.

#25JyggaPosted 1/26/2011 8:30:14 AM
I want fatalities that are easy to remember. Like the ones in MK2. Holding a button for 2 seconds then releasing for example. Pressing block 3 times followed by HP.
---
Fear is a stupid emotion - Luca Blight
#26IronChef_KirbyPosted 1/26/2011 8:36:26 AM
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. Mortal Kombat fatalities were able to gain notoriety without 1 button cheese mode, so why fix what isn't broken?

I just think it's better to have more options. I'm not sure if I already said it in this topic or not, but I think the best option would be a slider type of thing in the options that lets players select their fatality style. Something like
- Challenging (like MK1)
- Normal (like MKD or MKvsDC)
- Universal (every character shares the same inputs for their 2-3 fatalities rather than a different code for every fatality)
- One Button

I doubt they'll end up doing something like this, but I figure that's the best way to make sure everyone gets the fatalities they prefer.
---
#27ParedoNPosted 1/26/2011 11:19:14 AM

I'm against that idea as well.

There's just no good reason to make them that easy, optional or not.

Part of what made them cool in the first place was that not everyone could do them. That's not so much the case anymore I know but if I get fatalitied I want to know that person at least put forth a little effort to do so.

#28IronChef_KirbyPosted 1/26/2011 2:06:02 PM
I'm against that idea as well.

There's just no good reason to make them that easy, optional or not.

Part of what made them cool in the first place was that not everyone could do them. That's not so much the case anymore I know but if I get fatalitied I want to know that person at least put forth a little effort to do so.

At this point it just sounds like we're agreeing to disagree then. I want it to be possible for more people including beginners to enjoy fatalities, and you don't. *Shrugs*
---
#29ParedoNPosted 1/26/2011 3:28:25 PM

IronChef_Kirby posted...

At this point it just sounds like we're agreeing to disagree then.

Agreed.

#30ch2423Posted 1/26/2011 3:44:04 PM
lol at 1 button fatalities. The people wishing for this have the wrong hobby. Maybe DVD's would be more to your liking? You just hit one button on your remote and everything happens automatically. Sounds like you guys would have more fun this way since three directions and a button is too much.