Story mode: Liu Kang vs. Shao Khan...WTF?!

#1MAST3R_INF3RN0Posted 7/6/2011 9:23:52 PM
How the hell is this possible?! All Shao Khan does is slam you into the wall repeatedly then he proceeds to throw spears and mallets at you until you die. Meanwhile, he has ****loads of health; one of my x-ray moves did absolutely nothing to his health bar. Is there any possible technique that will help me through this god forsaken fight?! This is absolutely ridiculous, this makes the Kintaro fight look like sesame street.
---
**3DS FC: 5412-9893-7833
**PSN: xFinal_Judgmentx
#2MAST3R_INF3RN0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 9:31:29 PM
bump
---
#3ingomullerPosted 7/6/2011 9:35:10 PM
It's actually easy. Since Liu isn't your main (if he is, boy, you are in trouble...), I'll tell you some cheap tatics:

Keep away. Use low fireball to duck under his projectiles. Trade w/o taking damage.

Jump over him, hit 3 jabs, jump over again, repeat. Liu is fast, you should dodge his shoulder easily and hit some cheap, short combos.

Be ready to pull a bike kick everytime shao taunts.
#4sindetta_X7Posted 7/6/2011 9:36:31 PM
Here's a video tutorial. Just skip to the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92GFNSc18vY&feature=channel_video_title
---
PSN:Sindetta
SUBSCRIBE to Youtube.com/Spiralaether
#5MAST3R_INF3RN0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 9:37:05 PM
Thanks, I'll try that so as long as he isn't pummeling me as usual. I Googled this fight; I'm also gonna try to keep a distance and spam hat throw then when he taunts I'll attack while staying away until time runs out.
---
#6KADFCPosted 7/6/2011 9:38:42 PM
I actually beat him 2 hours ago and I believe I lost twice without winning once before I created my strategy. I would avoid all melee range types of attacks (punches in a row)

Instead, I kept spamming Bicycle Kick whenever there was an opening. He kept on using Taunts/talking, so that was definetly an opening. Fireball if you're bored.
---
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=KaddyGamer
#7ingomullerPosted 7/6/2011 9:40:07 PM
MAST3R_INF3RN0 posted...
Thanks, I'll try that so as long as he isn't pummeling me as usual. I Googled this fight; I'm also gonna try to keep a distance and spam hat throw then when he taunts I'll attack while staying away until time runs out.

Spam HAT? Is it liu or Kung Lao?

With Kung Lao, is VERY EASY to beat Shao Kahn, because he is one of the few characters who can duck under his projectiles.
#8MAST3R_INF3RN0(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 9:41:59 PM
ingomuller posted...
MAST3R_INF3RN0 posted...

Spam HAT? Is it liu or Kung Lao?

With Kung Lao, is VERY EASY to beat Shao Kahn, because he is one of the few characters who can duck under his projectiles.

Oops, I meant fireball. I don't why I said hat throw lol, must have Kung Lao on the brain.
---