Actually...id welcome an UMK9

#1_krat0s_Posted 8/5/2011 10:07:44 PM
Basically, a $40 expansion, more characters, new story, few new stages...keep EVERYTHING else the same...

Look at it, imo this game is awesome..havent been this much into a fightong game since ssf4..and I STILL play this more

As boon said.."mk10" has its story being conjured up right now..
And wont be in decelopment until at least jan/feb 2012...ok good...

I dont wanna have them take the chance of tanking it after how great this game is... I have a feeling they might mess it up..its possible

Just take mk9, add the next chapter of the story, add about 10 more unique characters. Top 10 requested.. Add some new modes..new stages.. Add TWO xrays into the game(in adition to l2+r2, make the second l1+r2..ya know?) Bam...Another victory for NRS..

Anyone else get my point?
---
psn-MoarNoodlesPreez I main Quan-Chi and Cyber SubZero in MK9, wanna fight about it?
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/959/trollface.jpg
#2kingobaidPosted 8/5/2011 10:10:29 PM

or u could wait for mk 10

#3DudeinatorPosted 8/5/2011 10:12:23 PM

Idunno...I'd be pretty pissed if I spent $20 extra for DLCs, only for UMK9 to come out later for $40 that includes way more than that.

So I'd pretty much be forced to fork out $60 + $20 + $40 = $120 just to enjoy the online play.

#4darkbeamPosted 8/5/2011 10:15:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROPEICInVPY&feature=related
#5_krat0s_(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2011 10:23:09 PM
No u dont understand...it WOULD be mk10 in blatant terms I was just saying Umk9 as a placeholder I guess...if they make mk10 just like they did this game...were in the money

I didnt necesarrily MEAN umk9...just THIS gameplay, someone to host the online BETTER then gamespy.. And the other things added onto this kind of gameplay..

How pissed would we be if they went bk to 3D n effed up the hype this game produced?
---
psn-MoarNoodlesPreez I main Quan-Chi and Cyber SubZero in MK9, wanna fight about it?
#6lolHadesPosted 8/5/2011 10:26:50 PM
I think they should do it just as a formality. Maybe even have it play on the same servers as regular MK9 people.

I say this because it would be nice if DLC characters like Skarlet, Rain, and Kenshi were on disc and therefore not tournament banned, and no compatibility packs to just play as them with other folks.
---
PSN/XBL - HadesWTF
MK Characters: Reptile/Kabal/Sektor
#7kingobaidPosted 8/5/2011 10:28:09 PM

but their not going back to 3D, Boon confirmed it. and i'm not a big fan of releasing something that is a year old, doesnt make sense.

plus i doubt they would change from Gamespy, MK9 on Gamespy and UMK9 on something different? wouldn't work.

#8n00bsaib0tPosted 8/5/2011 10:45:17 PM
lolHades posted...
I think they should do it just as a formality. Maybe even have it play on the same servers as regular MK9 people.

I say this because it would be nice if DLC characters like Skarlet, Rain, and Kenshi were on disc and therefore not tournament banned, and no compatibility packs to just play as them with other folks.

DLC isnt tournament banned, I dont know what gave you that idea. Blazblue DLC characters have been tournament legal, Darth Vader and Yoda both became tournament legal in Soulcalibur IV after they were available on both consoles (Yoda was banned later for other reasons), Jill and Shuma are legal in MvC3, and the MK9 DLC will be tournament legal now that EVO is over. The only reason the ban was in place was because it is still unknown if they completely break the game or not and they wanted EVO to be as competitive as possible (that and all the EVO systems were taken offline after July 6ths to ensure no patches or hotfixes were applied as the pre-july 5th build is what was decided on for play).
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
Fighting Game Mains - SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | MvC3: C.Viper/Magneto/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero
#9CKnightPosted 8/6/2011 12:26:44 AM
Good idea but wrong place to post it, this board is full of the people who would cry about it.

"I spent $20 on DLC 10 months ago and now its included in Ult MK9, waaaaaah."
#10KlokateerPosted 8/6/2011 12:41:54 AM
_krat0s_ posted...
No u dont understand...it WOULD be mk10 in blatant terms I was just saying Umk9 as a placeholder I guess...if they make mk10 just like they did this game...were in the money

I didnt necesarrily MEAN umk9...just THIS gameplay, someone to host the online BETTER then gamespy.. And the other things added onto this kind of gameplay..

How pissed would we be if they went bk to 3D n effed up the hype this game produced?
---

i would be happy if they redid the 3D fighting engine and improved on it. and IMO it would be wrong to tell the MKDA-MKA story in a 2D arena. just like it would've been wrong to do this one in a 3D arena. maybe they could do a mix and have 2D stages and 3D stages.