are the dlc chars stand alone or requiers game??

#1KittyHeartPosted 5/9/2012 3:52:43 PM
hi, as you all know, i had mortal kombat long ago but i sold it... i disliked the online mode and the fighting engine itself...

what i hated about online was there was no 'mini lobby'. so that meant that you faced 1vs1 all day, until you quit... i wished it was like sc5 oir blazblue lobby...

anyways, i am interested in this game's dlc.. i like skarlet and freedy coolger...

but what i are want to know is, is the dlc stand alone or do i have to buy the game again?

im asking because alot of dlc these days are stand alone like dragon age awakened, gta4 shadows of the damned, balled of ton, etc... they are all stand alone dlc

so is mk's dlc stand alone? can i buy just the dlc chars only and play? or are i must own the game?

thank you
---
my blog is revived! new "blog revival" and new "ask kittyheart" feature, visit :
http://www.MissKittyHeart.blogspot.com/
#2x17x2xwildxPosted 5/9/2012 4:20:56 PM
You have to own the game to play the characters made to be played in the game, yes.
---
Let us dance...
PSN: x18x2xwildx GT: xDallas1088x
#3UrbanChameleonPosted 5/9/2012 4:54:46 PM
KittyHeart topic
---
Gamertag / PSN: OZombiePenguinO
#4Chunga_WongPosted 5/9/2012 5:33:20 PM
i don't mean to be rude, but how exactly would you use one dlc character without anything else from the actual game? i imagine the character model of skarlet standing in a blank white screen. no music, no background, no opponent... just skarlet in the middle of nowhere punching and kicking the air
#5UrbanChameleonPosted 5/9/2012 5:52:37 PM
Chunga_Wong posted...
i don't mean to be rude, but how exactly would you use one dlc character without anything else from the actual game? i imagine the character model of skarlet standing in a blank white screen. no music, no background, no opponent... just skarlet in the middle of nowhere punching and kicking the air

Kitty. Heart. Topic.

-_-
---
Gamertag / PSN: OZombiePenguinO
#6VladimirRomanovPosted 5/9/2012 8:33:20 PM
"my blog is revived! new "blog revival" and new "ask kittyheart" feature"

A blog. Ask Kittyheart.

Yes.
---
PS3 MK9: Shang Tsung, Ermac, Quan Chi, Sheeva, Kung Lao, Noob Saibot, Jax, Stryker, Scorpion, Skarlet, Sindel, Raiden, Smoke, Reptile.
PSN: xShangBangTsungx
#7ArchiantagonistPosted 5/9/2012 8:52:21 PM
UrbanChameleon posted...
Kitty. Heart. Topic.

Pretty much this. And now when I think about it... 22nd it is
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#8MisterSpykerPosted 5/10/2012 2:32:37 AM

KittyHeart topic

http://i47.tinypic.com/6prif6.gif
---
Hold by your glasses steady! And drink, to your comrades eyes! Here's a toast, to the dead already, and a "Hurrah!" for the next to die!
#9buzzerr3Posted 5/10/2012 3:07:56 AM
Go ahead and buy the DLC ...

You can use them without the game.
---
Yo
#10buzzerr3Posted 5/10/2012 3:08:48 AM
And by mini lobby.....

Do you mean king of the hill type play?? Or tag team? I don't get it
---
Yo