Mortal Kombat 9 vs Marvel vs Capcom 3? Which will be more successful?

#1CodeReditsSS3KPosted 1/4/2011 3:42:27 PM
In my opinion I believe that both games will do incredibly well in sales and though I've been a much bigger mortal kombat fan than the MvC series I'd have to say that this one is hard to call. Both games have made MAJOR improvements since their previous releases. MK vs DC was successful and MvC2 was also successful.

It took over 10 years to get a new Marvel vs Capcom game releases while Mortal Kombat has always been doing their thing. With kratos being added to the MK series this game could be a split decision. My boy Dante has been added to the MvC series so I guess that gives Kratos some competition.

I love the gory element that mortal kombat provides. I love the insane combo system that MvC has. Well I will let you all decide. Who will win?

Febuary 15, 2011 Marvel vs Capcom 3
March 2-April 5 will be the deciding factor for Mortal Kombat 9

Mortal Kombat 9-vs-Marvel vs Capcom 3
---
________(====()_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-,
I_iiiii__/'''''''''[{]''''''''{_)_)_)_)_)====Weapon of Choice: AK-47/ SPAS 12/ M60 GT:SS3 Chaos
#2DisgracefulSinsPosted 1/4/2011 3:57:48 PM
Probably MvC3 for the simple fact that there are a hell of a lot of rabid fans that Capcom is trying to appeal to. All of the Devil May Cry, Street Fighter, Megaman, Darkstalkers, Resident Evil, Dungeons and Dragons, etc, as well as the Marvel fans alike will all be waiting to get their hands on it.

Not to mention MvC3 is also rated T, making it available to more people than Mortal Kombat is.
---
Wingmen-
we fly till we die
#3IEatFishFoodPosted 1/4/2011 4:01:59 PM
MvC3 if only because in addition to SF/Capcom fans, Marvel fans will eat it up.

Marvel appeals to all ages whereas MK is geared toward older teenagers/adults.

I like Mortal Kombat more though.
---
Come back...
http://www.last.fm/user/Sultan30
#4grape_escapePosted 1/4/2011 5:21:04 PM
MK. How anyone would argue otherwise is beyond me. Past sales have shown MK is just more popular than anything Capcom puts out fighting game wise.
#5ssj5goku2005Posted 1/4/2011 6:11:02 PM
i like MK better personally...but i think MvC3 is gonna do better, saleswise...because, like they said above, it appeals to Capcom AND Marvel fans...its rated T so its available to more people (even though most gamers dont care about ratings...a lot of younger kids wont be able to play MK9 since a lot of parents wont let them buy it)...MvC2 was EXTREMELY popular...and still is...and its been about 10 years since MvC2, so dedicated MvC fans will buy it, and newcomers (kids, basically, or, like me, people that recently got into MvC) will buy it too...and i cant lie...1 of those sales is going to be from me...because even though i do like MK way better...i love MvC and fighting games in general

MK9 is definitely going to be a big game, but MvC3 just has a lot more going for it right now
---
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009
#6KillerKhan420Posted 1/4/2011 7:08:39 PM
Definetely mvc3, but both will make a killing milking their fanbase with dlc.
---
"I know how the business works because I'm a wrestling fan"-hulkhogan1d
#7mitsurugirocksPosted 1/4/2011 7:12:36 PM
I am really on the fence about these two, I watched the E3 demo for mortal kombat and it seems to have a mvc like team battle mode. It really depends which game has a more fluid combo system. If mvc 3's combos are anything like super street fighter 4's garbage combos I will definetly be getting MK.

That being said if they are both good I'll get both.
#8Hi_Im_FoxxyPosted 1/4/2011 7:20:01 PM
It's not even a question that MvC3 will do better.
#9Unknown NomadPosted 1/4/2011 7:21:13 PM
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 as it appeals lots kinds of Capcom and Marvel fans, some to appeal the lesser known and cult favorites like Amaterasu, old school fans like Arthur, and the mainstream fans with Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Street Fighter characters while with Marvel, its a perfect time for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 with Thor and Captain America coming out this year as well
---
"Because like most teenage girls, what they care about is stupid" - Daniel Tosh
#10SilentDeath777Posted 1/4/2011 8:05:15 PM
I'm buying both , but I'll play MK more once it's out.