So will Shao Kahn , Goro and Kintaro be Playable???

#1Sid_The_Kid_87Posted 4/3/2011 11:17:53 AM
- Goro and Kintaro both have endings
- Shao Kahn has no ending, but he does have a fatality

Both going by leaks

Goro also having a x-ray move
Ed boon saying something about Kahn in tag-team mode ?

what do you guys think ?
---
GamerTag Xbox Live - Knights 0f Good
#2RobitzPosted 4/3/2011 11:23:44 AM
I really don't want to be a party pooper here, but...

- Goro and Kintaro both have endings
Yes, but perhaps you can see their endings when you lose to them. This has been done multiple times on games, most recently on MvC3, where losing to Galactus would give you his arcade ending.

- Shao Kahn has no ending, but he does have a fatality
Perhaps the CPU can use it against you once you lose to him? It would be hilarious to get fatality'd by Shao Kahn himself.

Goro also having a x-ray move
It would make sense that he and Kintaro got X-Rays. You can pull the XRays on them; they should be able to do the same to you.
---
Proud to be EPic.
Blue Dragon Awakened Shadow FC: 5156-7048-8067
#3Darkness3389Posted 4/3/2011 11:33:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOoH461gciM

I don't think it's an April's Fools joke either.
---
Gamertag- EndingEye
Kobe Bryant 81 points V.S. Toronto Raptor 1/22/06 History
#4CmD_cOoKiEPosted 4/3/2011 11:44:34 AM

Didn't boss characters have endings when you were beat by them way back when?
Plus ed boon specifically said they weren't but who knows if he was lying/joking/trolling/just changed his mind.

#5WeaverSerawlPosted 4/3/2011 7:57:01 PM
No they didn't
---
I has a Sega Saturn
#6SazukeEXPosted 4/3/2011 8:07:36 PM
If Boon wants it to be competative than no, they most likely aren't playable unless they're nerfed into the ground.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#7DispleasedPosted 4/3/2011 8:51:06 PM
Didn't boss characters have endings when you were beat by them way back when?

Not in any MK games. Goro/Tsung/Kintaro/Kahn/Shinnok/Moloch/Onaga just killed your character and sent you to the insert more koins screen. Onaga technically has an ending, but it was never implemented in game. I think you can view it in the Krypt.

The odd thing is that many of the leakers have said that the bosses aren't playable, but at the same time they have alternate costumes, multiple fatalities, etc. What's the point of giving bosses alternate costumes and multiple fatalities if they aren't going to be playable? That's just wasted development time.

I'm going to be really disappointed if Goro isn't playable, I'm hoping to create an old man Tsung+Goro tag team.
---
Once voted the worst audience participant Cirque De Soleil ever had
#8OverworkedPosted 4/3/2011 10:07:22 PM
I'm going to be really disappointed if Goro isn't playable, I'm hoping to create an old man Tsung+Goro tag team.

That's what I had in mind too. ) :
---
Worthy: "Serah, you're not serious."
Bianca Hawk: "I am serious. And don't call me Sarah."
#9Spartan0fCha0s8Posted 4/3/2011 10:09:28 PM
HALF HUMAN, HALF DRAGON, WITH FOUR ARMS OF TERROR!
---
GT: Tornado0fSouls
"What used to be his chest is now a mess under his vest"
#10SkyrazerPosted 4/3/2011 10:39:48 PM
If Boon wants it to be competative than no, they most likely aren't playable unless they're nerfed into the ground.

Not necessarily. There can be two versions of the bosses, the "buffed" versions which you fight in arcade/story modes and the "balanced" versions which would be watered down for competitive play.

They did this with Seth in SFIV where the story mode version had a decent amount of health and his hits dealt more dmg, but the playable version hit like a little girl and had piss all health (and was hence a lower-tier char as a result).

I do hope the boss chars are playable and that they're done in a similar fashion described.
---
Life - A sexually transmitted disease that always results in death.