I can't do fatalities.

#1TakuruPosted 4/27/2012 11:57:04 PM
I've never been able to do fatalities in any Mortal Kombat game ever.

I'm trying to start with Sub-Zero.

To do them....

1. So am I doing these in one motion? For example, Sub Zero's Spinal Smash...do I roll the stick down back then roll down forward? Or do I press them seperately?

2. Do I press triangle (Y) at the same time I press forward?

3. Is it better (for newbies) to use the stick or d-pad to do these? Whenever I use the stick, I keep jumping for no reason.
---
http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad79/april6e/Barkley.jpg
#2FadedDoodyPosted 4/28/2012 12:11:27 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3FadedDoodyPosted 4/28/2012 12:13:11 AM
Have you tried the Fatality Tutorial mode?

For the D-pad inputs, slide your thumb from direction to direction. So if you have to press "down, left," press down and slide your thumb to the left button. AFTER you have done that, press the respective action button (A, B, Y, X, etc).

And it's easier to use the d-pad than analog stick. Some people use the latter and do very well, but I think people generally prefer the d-pad.
---
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee36/Fadeddreams5/MasterZoner.jpg
#4bleeding_violetPosted 4/28/2012 5:15:06 AM
I can't do fatalities either. People are Always rage quitting out of the match when it says finish him(her)!

But seriously, the fatalities are FAR easier to do in this version of Mortal Kombat. I would say pick a character with an easy to remember fatality that you actually like and just start practicing that.

Certain fatalities are harder to do because they also happen to be special move motions or whatever but most are pretty simple. One way I am able to do certain fatalities easier is by holding the block button while I am inputting the directions (for instance Baraka's number 2 is forward forward down down) then I let go of block and press 3 and it always works. But if I don't hold block while I press the directional pad it almost always messes up I have no idea why.

The only fatality in the game that I haven't been able to ever do that I have tried is Sindels number one fatality. I did it once that I know of to get an achievement but not since then in ranked at all.
#5scarlet_puppyPosted 4/28/2012 7:48:25 AM
bleeding_violet posted...
The only fatality in the game that I haven't been able to ever do that I have tried is Sindels number one fatality. I did it once that I know of to get an achievement but not since then in ranked at all.

That's quite odd, since it's similar in notation to lots of other fatalities...

Fatalities that I used to have trouble with were Sheeva's arm rip (I'd accidentally do her ground stomp instead), Mileena's fatality 1 (I'd end up doing her leaping neckbite) and occasionally Reptile's fatality 1 (sometimes it would take me two or three tries to get it)
---
XBL: MntT77
See fighting game mains in quote
#6Shanks_McKinseyPosted 4/28/2012 8:07:52 AM
I'm pretty sure scorpion has a fatality that is the easiest thing ever to do.
---
If you got away with it, it was awesome.
#7UrbanChameleonPosted 4/28/2012 1:01:06 PM
When I was getting the MKFIS achievement, for Sheeva I just pressed back forward back forward back forward back forward back forward back forward B lol. Just to make sure I had to down.
---
Gamertag / PSN: OZombiePenguinO
#8darkrizPosted 5/7/2012 8:53:44 AM
Hold block, input the directions, release block, you don't have to be really fast, and then press the attack button. I have seen people struggling with fatalities get the hang of them by starting out this wway.
#9ppettiePosted 5/8/2012 12:00:56 AM
I would not "slide" my fingers on the DPAD or use the analog. I do them very fast before "FINISH HIM/HER" and the animation for the fatality starts immediately. People are always stunned that it works that way. If you're having trouble, take a breath, slow down and press each direction then the attack button to execute the finisher. The fatalities in this game are the EASIEST they have ever been in the entire series. Everything is "dumbed" down. the timer, even the distance is forgiving for execution. I will say, although I am very good at doing fatalities, doing Sheeva's Skin Rip is the most challenging for me because she always does her Air Grab. It's so weird cause I don't have the problem with other characters like Mileena (who's Be Mine contains the input for her Neck Bite).
#10shadow2130Posted 5/8/2012 2:51:18 AM
Shanks_McKinsey posted...
I'm pretty sure scorpion has a fatality that is the easiest thing ever to do.

Nope. Stryker's one fatal is easier. down, forward, down, forward, block

seriously, If you forget the order, the mash all three and eventually you'll get it. don't eveen have to worry about accidentally hitting them either
---
GT: ShadowBeatz Cyrax since MK3
"You know what I miss about being 11? I can't f*** waterbottles anymore :(" - Zombie Penguin