MK10! Hara KIRIS

#1bleeding_violetPosted 4/30/2012 1:58:34 PM
I just wanted to throw this out there for all of you who are sick of being spammed to death by people like me and then having to sit through a fatality when you would rather just ragequit.

Or for people like me who will never ragequit and have to sit through the occasional Dbag antics at the end of a match. Even some Characters Outtros take way too long in comparison to some fatalities and babalities in this game.

I say bring back the Hara Kiris for the next game because some people are just tired of other players bs at the end of the matches. This is really the only suitable thing I can think of to make the game better for sure. I think given the opportunity to either sit through some dbag squatting on an imaginary potty for 10 seconds or just blowing themselves up, Most people would rather blow themselves up.

Also I think people should be penalized more harshly than normal in the next game for ragequitting after the match starts. Simply because some people want to play the whole match and not be forced to see "your opponent has left the game" right before its over anyways. People have no respect for anyone they play and if they lose they should have to put up with the same crap they put everyone else through. Or lose Trueskill at twice as fast of a rate. I think thats fair.

What are your thoughts? I miss Hara Kiris anyone else feel like they would help or just be another waste of time?
#2EverDownwardPosted 4/30/2012 2:24:46 PM
Hara Kiris were neat, I wouldn't mind seeing them again along with Friendships.

Get Babalities the f*** out, though.
---
At first I was like: http://i42.tinypic.com/2cid95j.gif
...But then I was like: http://i.imgur.com/WMZPC.gif
#3Z-911-ZPosted 4/30/2012 2:35:28 PM
As long as Shao Kahn's playable, then when I lose I'll just kill myself by carelessly throwing my hammer into the air.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s272/911TheThug/MMXSig.png
XBL: T4L Z911
#4bleeding_violet(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 3:34:55 PM
Z-911-Z posted...
As long as Shao Kahn's playable, then when I lose I'll just kill myself by carelessly throwing my hammer into the air.

This is exactly what I mean its like going out on your own terms, with whatever character you like playing. I wouldn't mind sticking the sais in my head or flipping upside down and smashing my head against the ground.
#5bleeding_violet(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 3:42:01 PM
EverDownward posted...
Hara Kiris were neat, I wouldn't mind seeing them again along with Friendships.

I want friendships back as well but not if they don't have enough on disc space. I liked what they did with babalities this time around by making them different for each character, but with friendships each character does his or her own specific friendship and if you really only play as one or two characters they might get old. One of my faves was Liu Kangs Disco ball fatality from MK2. If it was between Friendships Babalities Brutalities (which I thought were repetitive and dumb) Animalities and Hara Kiris which would you want to see the most? Assuming they only had room enough or time for one type of extra -ality.
#6EverDownwardPosted 4/30/2012 4:33:35 PM
It'd be either Friendships or Brutalities.

On one hand Friendships give each character an extra level of depth and could be genuinely funny too, on the other Brutalities could be the penultimate of the violence in Mortal Kombat so both have their merits.

But they *HAVE TO BE DONE RIGHT* in order to work. Brutalities can't just be an endless array of punches and kicks and then SPLOSION! followed by three skulls and eight arms, it'd have to be more eloquent and graceful. It'd have to be like a hyper extended X-Ray attack that completely leaves the character broken and shattered (not literally, mind you); it could even continue as the narrator announces the winner, like Kano could still be punching Johnny Cage's head in until there's nothing left but a bloody, disfigured mess as the game cuts to black.

Heh, idea, if NRS could do both Friendships and Brutalities then make them alignment specific :P Friendships to good guys and Brutalities to bad guys.

I know it wouldn't really work with the audience, but it sounds kinda neat in theory.
---
At first I was like: http://i42.tinypic.com/2cid95j.gif
...But then I was like: http://i.imgur.com/WMZPC.gif
#7bleeding_violet(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 5:24:35 PM
EverDownward posted...
It'd be either Friendships or Brutalities.

On one hand Friendships give each character an extra level of depth and could be genuinely funny too, on the other Brutalities could be the penultimate of the violence in Mortal Kombat so both have their merits.

But they *HAVE TO BE DONE RIGHT* in order to work. Brutalities can't just be an endless array of punches and kicks and then SPLOSION! followed by three skulls and eight arms, it'd have to be more eloquent and graceful. It'd have to be like a hyper extended X-Ray attack that completely leaves the character broken and shattered (not literally, mind you); it could even continue as the narrator announces the winner, like Kano could still be punching Johnny Cage's head in until there's nothing left but a bloody, disfigured mess as the game cuts to black.

Heh, idea, if NRS could do both Friendships and Brutalities then make them alignment specific :P Friendships to good guys and Brutalities to bad guys.

I know it wouldn't really work with the audience, but it sounds kinda neat in theory.

Well they are good ideas and if anyone would do them right it would be this rededicated MK9 team. I think they realize how well received this game has been and that all the hard work really paid off for the fans. I think if they did do Brutalities they could make them look really cool. I also think if every character did a specific friendship based on who they were fighting that would be Really cool too. I don't mind seeing the same fatals over and over again but Friendships might get old quicker. Why wouldn't friendships for good guys Brutalities for bad guys work? They did the same thing basically in MK vs DC where good characters didn't kill you and bad characters did.
#8FadedDoodyPosted 4/30/2012 5:26:06 PM
Okay, by introducing Hara Kiris to the next game, the exact same issue you have with Fatalities will occur, only in reverse. Imagine you win a match, and you feel like just poking your opponent in the "Finish Him" screen so you can quickly go to another match. However, your opponent decides to do a ****ing Hara Kiri. Eventually, they will become as old as Fatalities do, but people will continuously deter you with them. Instead of fixing your problem, you're making it 2x worse because now it doesn't matter whether you win or lose--you're gonna have to put up with either a Fatality OR Hara Kiri. So no, their re-introduction would be counter-productive in this sense.

Solution? If Hara Kiris are introduced, opponents should ONLY be able to activate them if you have flawlessed them during the final round of a match. It makes sense too. Rather than sit through a humiliating Babality or "Flawless Victory," they commit suicide due to their poor performance.

Anywho, I definitely want Friendships back. Brutalities shouldn't return. Instead, after X-Raying a person in the "Finish Him" screen, they should blow up (kinda like they do in Zombie Kombat). Animalities were ****ing stupid.

Why? They're the greatest things introduced in a modern Fighting game. Ultimate humiliation.
---
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee36/Fadeddreams5/MasterZoner.jpg
#9Z-911-ZPosted 4/30/2012 6:14:40 PM
You cannot comprehend the greatness that is Reptile turning into a chimp and chasing people off screen.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s272/911TheThug/MMXSig.png
XBL: T4L Z911
#10FadedDoodyPosted 4/30/2012 6:32:14 PM
Okay, that one was funny.
---
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee36/Fadeddreams5/MasterZoner.jpg