Looking forward to this

#11CranberryPSO(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2010 3:55:12 PM
I started experiencing freezes when I started facing rival meerkats. It happened 3 times.

I've seen other reports of it to. It definitely seems to be a common problem.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2
#12Cougar DMPosted 6/19/2010 4:04:40 PM
Odd - I've had pretty severe chugging at times, but no complete freezes. The bugs I've encountered are almost exclusively graphical. The two exceptions I can think of are, 1) it's stuck at 39 out of 40 main burrows, even though I got them all, and 2) once I had a guard out far from where the burrows were, such that the "closest" was actually from way early in the level and totally inaccessible; when I hit the panic button, he tried to run to the inaccessible burrow, and didn't teleport, thus causing a bit of a problem. I also had a few problems since this is one of those "The 'A' button does everything games"; the Wii doesn't have a whole lot of buttons, but I think it has enough for some better controls.

I honestly hope they make a sequel to this game. With the bugs ironed out, a little better control scheme, maybe some more advanced game mechanics (imagine "vitality" as a resource that depletes over time), and even just a tiny bit of AI ("Being eaten here, someone help!"), this could be really fantastic.
#13ariinya14Posted 7/11/2010 9:45:01 PM
So, I don't quite understand this. Do you dig lots and lots and lots of tunnels to get to the main ones? That seems about right... how far do you guys space them? Thus far, I'm just going as far as possible from the hole I'm digging from.
#14CranberryPSO(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2010 11:33:14 AM
I did the same thing. I just dug as far as the game would allow me, and then dug again. It's like a big game of connect the dots. I had almost no bolt holes. The game tracks how many you have but they seem pretty pointless. They don't help you reach the next flag and there's no advantage to going into them as opposed to your main burrow string.

Honestly this game put way too much emphasis on digging. It's pretty repetative and stale to dig so much. I don't think real Meerkats do this much digging either.
---
#15CranberryPSO(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2010 12:14:11 PM
Nintendo Power reviewed this game and gave it a rather mediocre rating. I have to agree honestly. This is a game that had a lot of potential in what it could have been, but in the end the final product was pretty lackluster.
---