Why is this game not on the PS3?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dreamkiller
  3. Why is this game not on the PS3?

User Info: Fenriswolf

Fenriswolf
7 years ago#11
Because it's easier to port a PC game to the 360 than the PS3. This looks like a low budget game, and the developers might not have the necessary funds to port it to a console that doesn't has as much players.

User Info: DEATH775

DEATH775
7 years ago#12
Oh ok thanks, anyway I'm still getting this game.

User Info: krillin4553

krillin4553
7 years ago#13
Yeah, if I remember right the dev kits for 360 were a bit cheaper and easier to work with than the PS3 kits. That probably influenced they're decision if that's still the case.
XBL GT: DrazenX195

User Info: mx9367

mx9367
7 years ago#14

i gotta agree, i absolutely HATE the childish, snide, fanboy comments. i've been on the recieving end of them myself.

although, i agree with the 'porting' answers, i think that if dreamkiller sells decent enough, it might make it's way over to sony's console in one form or another.

User Info: Spike275

Spike275
7 years ago#15
Whenever a game doesn't get released to PS3 it always seems to be that the dev's didn't have time or didn't feel like converting it to PS3 format lol. I wonder if it's the same for games that make it to PS3 but not to 360...
You came alone? Are you TRYING to die? -Cao Xing (Dynasty Warriors 5)

User Info: MagnaPiedmon

MagnaPiedmon
7 years ago#16
It's not about feeling like it, for a budget title it's easier to go to 360 from PC whereas a third platform which is also more difficult to program for would certainly cost more resources that they probably don't have.

User Info: __PINBOT__

__PINBOT__
7 years ago#17
The PS3 simply cannot perform under the stress of a standard game.
Nintendo Fanboys At Their Finest:
MadWorld>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mass Effect - 8_Bit_Boy

User Info: mx9367

mx9367
7 years ago#18

__PINBOT__ posted...
The PS3 simply cannot perform under the stress of a standard game.
---
Nintendo Fanboys At Their Finest:
MadWorld>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mass Effect - 8_Bit_Boy

i know i'm going back on what i said in an earlier post, but pinbot, mad props- that was hilarious!

User Info: MagnaPiedmon

MagnaPiedmon
7 years ago#19
Looks like the 360 can't either. (I'm kidding)
  1. Boards
  2. Dreamkiller
  3. Why is this game not on the PS3?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived