The Key To The Monolith Must Be The Tome Somehow.

#61phort99Posted 4/15/2012 3:01:11 AM
I just tried all 120 permutations of "PAEAEBUB" with different mappings of ["jump","LT","RT","up","down"] to the letters. That did not yield success. Here is the list anyway: http://pastebin.com/ucWV4Huz

I did not, however, try it backwards, so if someone would like to take on that gauntlet (entering 120 eight-button combos), here is the list of "BUBEAEAP" button permutations:

http://pastebin.com/9RRdLG1z

Here is the python script I used to generate the list:

http://pastebin.com/Xjr0S6sh

I assumed that left and right would not be used in the code because they were not used in the other code and would result in moving you off the square.

Plus, once you add left and right to the list, it goes from 5! (120 entries) to 7! (5040 entries)
#62Crono288Posted 4/15/2012 3:08:47 AM
I've started in on it, not hopeful though. 40 in now and nothing.
#63Crono288Posted 4/15/2012 4:07:56 AM
Crono288 posted...

Nope, nada. Had a brief moment of glee when Gomez started walking slowly left but it was just my controller acting up. Unless I happened to mess up on exactly the one it is, this is bogus too.
#64phort99Posted 4/15/2012 4:26:36 AM
Crono288 posted...
Crono288 posted...

Nope, nada. Had a brief moment of glee when Gomez started walking slowly left but it was just my controller acting up. Unless I happened to mess up on exactly the one it is, this is bogus too.

It was worth a try. Thanks for taking on the other half.
#65InsoFoxPosted 4/15/2012 4:49:33 AM
The more I think of it, the more I think that the book really might be scrambled across multiple pages, i.e. it's not just each page that is mixed up individually.

Remember that wall in one of the rooms where there's the symbols for

0, 1, 2, 3

and then underneath each the

dot, line, square, and then what we've been calling the 'infinity' symbol?

It's not the infinity symbol, it's the symbol they use for 3 dimensions. A point has no dimensions, a line is one dimensional, a square is two dimensional and the next symbol is supposed to represent 3 dimensions.

The symbol is on the book, and I think it's telling us that we're supposed to be reading it three dimensionally.
#66Zomba13Posted 4/15/2012 5:02:45 AM

The more I think of it, the more I think that the book really might be scrambled across multiple pages, i.e. it's not just each page that is mixed up individually.

0, 1, 2, 3

It's not the infinity symbol, it's the symbol they use for 3 dimensions. A point has no dimensions, a line is one dimensional, a square is two dimensional and the next symbol is supposed to represent 3 dimensions.

The symbol is on the book, and I think it's telling us that we're supposed to be reading it three dimensionally.

... I think you are on to something there!
---
www.gamesplosions.com
#67InsoFoxPosted 4/15/2012 5:08:22 AM
Zomba13 posted...

0, 1, 2, 3

... I think you are on to something there!

I hope so, but I've tried most of the obvious things so far:

Just reading the letters in a straight line across the pages (so, for example, reading the top right letter of the first page, the top right letter of the next page and so on) doesn't seem to work whether you do it forwards or backwards. Same with all the ways I've tried to do that by skipping to the next row on subsequent pages. I think this really might be how the book is supposed to be read, but I can't see the secret yet.
#68BbrendoshiPosted 4/15/2012 5:31:05 AM(edited)
All looking at the monolith/book with 3d glasses is doing is giving me a headache xD.

I would suggest against it.
---
Gamtertag: Sakori
#69InsoFoxPosted 4/15/2012 5:33:55 AM
Bbrendoshi posted...
All looking at the monolith/book with 3d glasses is doing is giving me a headache xD.

I would suggest against it.

Er, that's not really what I meant ... hah
#70BbrendoshiPosted 4/15/2012 5:35:43 AM
Hey, seemed worth a shot ;)
---
Gamtertag: Sakori