Game slows to a crawl in clock room

#1Live_by_fomaPosted 4/14/2012 7:25:09 PM
Whenever I get to the island that seems to have a gigantic clock on top of it, my 360 slows down to an unbearable crawl until I return through the door I came from. Once it even crashed while returning. This probably makes no difference, but I was streaming to a capture card (RCA). Nothing else unusual about my system that I know of.

Anyone else experience this issue? Think redownloading the game might help?
#2darkharePosted 4/14/2012 7:28:07 PM
ive had slight chopping when i move emediatley after entering into a new world, but aside form that no.
---
change of perception is created by first quieting inner dialogue. quotted by me, in dreamtime.
#3MrMonkeyManPosted 4/15/2012 12:06:08 AM
I'm getting this too. The game runs at about 1 frame every two seconds in that area. Closing the game and restarting it doesn't help, it's choppy as soon as it loads that area again.

The Xbox isn't overheating or anything, if I leave that area the frame rate returns to normal.
---
"Haha, are you at top speed, or just very small!"
#4epslionPosted 4/15/2012 1:00:15 AM
This happened to me, too; in the exact same area. This area is basically unplayable because of how ridiculously slow the game runs.
This better get patched soon, as so far I've been loving this game until I ran into this.
#5Live_by_foma(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 1:11:14 AM
Glad to know that I'm not alone. Make sure you guys email support@fezgame.com like I did so we can hopefully get a patch soon.
#6Live_by_foma(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 2:39:32 PM(edited)
FIXED!!!

For anyone still looking for a fix with this, it seems updating my 360's internal clock, which was set to sometime in 2005, fixed this room for me as well. Unless it's a fluke, but considering the clock in the room, the puzzle probably relates to the internal clock.
#7HermanTuttlePosted 4/15/2012 3:16:37 PM
It's been confirmed that the game doesn't work at all on launch model 360s or off a flash drive, and there's numerous other glitches, some that can cause a crash.

Your game should ****ing well be all but bug-free after five years in the oven, Fish. Unacceptable.
#8FullmetalStryfePosted 4/15/2012 6:23:59 PM
HermanTuttle posted...
It's been confirmed that the game doesn't work at all on launch model 360s or off a flash drive, and there's numerous other glitches, some that can cause a crash.

Your game should ****ing well be all but bug-free after five years in the oven, Fish. Unacceptable.

I have a launch model 360 and I was running this game off of a flash drive last night. This game hasn't froze on me at all yet.
#9Pitcher4Posted 4/15/2012 6:31:42 PM
HermanTuttle posted...

Let's see the game you've been making then......oh wait
Bugs are in every game btw :P
---
There is a monkey in my pocket and he's stealing all my change, his stare is blank and glassy, I suspect that he's deranged
#10novelaaPosted 4/15/2012 6:39:30 PM
have the same problem