Mobius Strip and the Tome/Monolith - SPOILERS!

#51jmls10Posted 7/20/2012 2:10:08 PM
Perhaps Phil wasn't joking, and the solution is outside the game--the answer may be a QR code buried in a geo cache in the armpit of Illinois. let me get my shovel and dig into this "fat hill".
#52meckzqzPosted 7/20/2012 4:05:26 PM
has anybody ever tried completing the came with 0 regular cubes and 32 anti-cubes? i'm not sure if it would be possible, but it could be worth a shot.

also, has anybody figured out this symbol yet? http://screenshooter.net/7941121/pcpachi
#53meckzqzPosted 7/20/2012 4:07:35 PM
oh, and i found an odd hole in first person at the top of one of the pillars in the mine cart area. it might just be there for no reason, but here's a picture anyways: http://screenshooter.net/7941121/ocubmri
#54meckzqzPosted 7/20/2012 8:22:35 PM
http://screenshooter.net/7941121/bcprmkr

wow... another one of these white symbols? these have got to mean something!

sorry for spamming so much. it's just i haven't seen anyone else post these, i really hope someone else knows what these are all about! they are just like the input combinations on the ground, so they must be important.
#55jmls10Posted 7/20/2012 11:43:09 PM
the concentric circles are throughout the game...they are represented as 8 rings in the alien world inscription (back side of where you teleport in). apparently, the 4 concentric ring location has yet to be found in the game from what i've read on here.

as for the notion of completing the game without getting any normal cubes...well...can you even leave the first area without collecting one cube and opening the door at the bottom of the level? or is there an anticube in the village that will allow you to access the next stage?

i recall there being a question mark in the room with all the portraits in fez's village...that i never solved, but it disappeared regardless. glitch or purposeful?

anyhoot, i like the idea of trying to beat the game that way.

also, the skull doesn't mean a damn thing. in the boiler room, next to the skull picture is the text xyz. indicating that their third eye allowed them to see in three dimensions. indicating how you're supposed to read/solve the tome. i think that is it.

no one has determined what the purpose of the hexahedron posters are for. perhaps if we can screen grab every face of the cube and unfold it...then stare at it in stereoscopic vision...we'll be left scratching our heads. i like the geocaching idea.
#56meckzqzPosted 7/21/2012 1:00:29 AM
i believe there are a total of 2 anti-cubes that you can get in gomez's village. one of which being the boiler room puzzle, the other being the input combination on the painting in the room where you get a treasure chest. you can also get a third anti-cube from inputting that one LTRT achievement.

i have my doubts about completing the game this way achieving anything, but the idea of seeing the ending with only anti-cubes... it just seems so weird.
#57CyanFallPosted 7/26/2012 10:38:40 AM
jmls10 posted...

also, the skull doesn't mean a damn thing. in the boiler room, next to the skull picture is the text xyz. indicating that their third eye allowed them to see in three dimensions. indicating how you're supposed to read/solve the tome. i think that is it.

no one has determined what the purpose of the hexahedron posters are for. perhaps if we can screen grab every face of the cube and unfold it...then stare at it in stereoscopic vision...we'll be left scratching our heads. i like the geocaching idea.

You only need two eyes for stereoscopic vision. The third eye is, then, for what - the 4th dimension? Wavelengths beyond visible light? (or invisible things, like the hidden images in the soundtrack?)

Two - well, it links the Village boiler room and the Nu Zu classroom.

One of the theories that went by the wayside is the idea that some of the worlds are actually the SAME world but at different points in time:

Zu is under construction and the villagers have different, taller heads than Gomez' people, more similar to what was shown in the 'evolution diagram'. Is this in the past?

Is the city with the broken stargate also Zu, but at some point in the future?

Nu Zu has a strangely contemporary feel (20th century) but is also 'broken' as if it was constructed as some sort of refuge after Old Zu became uninhabitable due to black holes from the broken stargate? Is this from further along in the future?

Here's another idea: the concentric squares are like the rings of a tree. As the trees grow, the older rings move to the outside and new rings grow in from the middle.

We've seen ziggurat-like pyramids as well. The top of a pyramid would be the center square, the largest square would be the base. Maybe the concentric rings, then, represent "levels" in time; and (here's where it gets wiggy) they are all the SAME point in space. Which is why the Hexahedron appears at the 'top' of the pyramid - the smallest single square at the top of the Village - just as the owl and portal do in the Beyond world.

Aliens that can see the 4th dimension might perceive all the worlds thus linked as a single world. Wonder what you'd see if you 'overlaid' the levels and viewed them from above?

The missing 4-concentric rings: wondering if this isn't related to the telescope, globe, orrery, or one of the clockwork levels with platforms that rotate around?

In any case - the mobius loop may hint at another secret: that the "timeline" of the Village / Zu / Nu Zu / Cave ruins etc is a causal loop? Did the hexahedron breaking destroy the Stargate or vice versa? Is the Village a special 'pocket universe' outside the Zu continuum, which is why the Villagers look slightly different than regular Zu-evolved people?
#58CyanFallPosted 7/26/2012 10:46:23 AM
Or the Village is the "present" - the place the Nu Zu people went after that world went haywire, the last step of evolution, since they have objects and some knowledge kept from the 'old' world, and Geezer has explored Beyond, but the general population seem unaware of any place beyond the Village.

Shades of Myst / Riven / Exile here...
#59Fractal_DreamsPosted 7/26/2012 1:15:29 PM
So maybe the reason we cant find the 4 rings/ squares is because we dont really know what it is that we are looking for. If the rings reresent something we dont understand, such as a cut plane; then maybe we would find the four rings within the architecture.
If you are not sure what a cut plane is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnURElCzGc0

Of course the concentric squares could represent many things.
#60gcmusic12(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2012 4:18:00 PM
Interesting thoughts Cyan. I kinda wish I had a better understanding of things like Mobius Strips and all of the advanced geometry present in the game. I was kinda hoping, when I first started this thread, that math major would come along and say "oh a mobius strip is this that and that and means this and can do THAT!".....but..we've been doing pretty well I think anyway!