Make a red reveal?

#1JeryxPosted 12/26/2009 6:06:28 PM
Picked this thing up used, since we already have 2 pistol shells I figured good to go.
Well, that didnt last long. We tried the red lens on a pair of 3d glasses and that didnt work either.
Anyone know something we can use/build other than the official controllers which we cant find?

Ya, I know, amazon, ebay, etc ad nauseum. I'll net order as a last resort here only if theres not something we can rig up cheap and local.
---
The laws contrived by the proud are their security and their undoing.
Such laws make disobedience a virtue, and obedience a sin.
#2iceragonPosted 12/27/2009 8:59:23 PM

you dont even really need a red reveal, all you have to do is find the shades of red and yellow as thats all the red reveal shows. It's a piece of plastic not magic :D

#3Jeryx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2009 1:16:46 AM
Either its more than that, or its a *very* specific shade of red. Like I said I tried a pair of 3d glasses red lens and it didnt work.
---
#4nobody7789Posted 1/2/2010 12:57:31 AM
I agree with iceragon,since the entire game is filled with shades of blue, green, red, yellow, and orange when it tells you to use it you really don't need it. honestly you can look at it and tell the red, yellow, or orange one is it. It really isn't a piece of technology though i do have two for whatever reason and they do help you figure it out quickly.
#5Jeryx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2010 4:53:24 AM
I ended up picking up a nerf switch shot after I found them in a local target... The thing has a much deeper shade of red than the glasses I was trying to use, and for me it makes a world of difference. Guess my eyes are just not as good as some peoples.

Ah well, I mod nerf guns anyway so I was planning to pick one up regardless to tear into it. And drooling over that longstrike once it comes out...
---