Best Weapon?

#11BunnyWinxPosted 11/15/2010 10:16:08 PM
"I use a lollipop :D it's an axe, mostly for looks, but it does have high weapon attack, scrolled to level 7 with HP stealing ingredients."

OMG! How did you get the lollipop? I used it during the Wooly Festival and I LOVE IT SO MUCH. *3* I hoped that it would be permanent but it wasn't. .___.

I've played through the previous RF games using swords and spears. I decided to step outside of my comfort zone and now I use axes. They're slow, but satisfying. *-*
#12PokemonAddict23Posted 11/15/2010 10:52:41 PM
Raven/Gaius sold a Lollipop in my game's Weapon Shop under 'Special Deals' after I've beaten Crimsone and Amaranthine for 30000g. Since I'm not a big fan of axes, I skipped it. @_@ Good stats though, around 170 attack I believe.
---
Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence.
#13KantonosoPosted 11/15/2010 11:57:12 PM
Disclaimer: I only have one weapon rune ability, so I'm commenting on the basic combos/dashes/charges.

Shortswords: Seem solid enough.
Longswords: Slow, but very versatile, amazing for mobs
Axes: For once, they're really good. Slower than longswords, sure, but... that power!
Spears: ... as always, pass. I love spears IRL but the linear only attacks...
Dual Blades: Sure they dominated normal enemies, but lack of juggling + shields vs bosses = fail.

So I'm alternating between ahortswords and axes right now.
---
I'll change this signature when Final Fantasy becomes good again. Guess this sig
will be here forever, it's been kinda meh ever since it left the SNES!
#14clasni6Posted 11/16/2010 2:13:07 PM
Raven sold it to me :D
I think you can also forge it, but don't know the Recipe yet, if I get it, i'll put down :D
#15KantonosoPosted 11/16/2010 3:33:30 PM
After getting a slew of rune abilities:

An axe with shortsword skills. Dash Slash and Rush Attack. With an axe, yes.

*explodes from awesome*
---
I'll change this signature when Final Fantasy becomes good again. Guess this sig
will be here forever, it's been kinda meh ever since it left the SNES!
#16ReiderAsmadiPosted 11/16/2010 5:19:52 PM
For future reference, you can make the lollipop with two apples and a stick of butter.

Need a forging level of 60 though.
---
Gamertag: LordReider
Ambition is just a weak excuse for not having the sense to be lazy.
#17BunnyWinxPosted 11/16/2010 5:28:21 PM
Thanks SO MUCH for sharing the Lollipop info! Wow, totally weird to put food items into your forge, right? XD
#18clasni6Posted 11/16/2010 5:48:25 PM
Hmmm, in the FAQ it's PeroPero Candy LMAO
#19ReiderAsmadiPosted 11/16/2010 5:53:25 PM
Yeah, you can also make a "veggieblade" by just throwing a carrot in there. :P

I have all the weapon recipes as far as I'm aware and you can get all of the weapons that you used during the wooly festival if anyone is interested. Thank god for Yue selling weapon bread...
---
Gamertag: LordReider
Ambition is just a weak excuse for not having the sense to be lazy.
#20Lord NachoPosted 11/16/2010 6:05:44 PM
Staffs. Bosses are really easy to beat with long range spells like fire or water, and normal enemies just need earth (or darkness if you're surrounded).
---
FC: 064638959526