Look here before asking a question! V1

#1Kratos1173Posted 10/23/2010 1:55:44 PMmessage detail
Ok, this is my first time making one of these, so the formatting will probably suck for now. Also, it will be pretty barebones for now.

Hello! This topic is here to answer all of the questions that people ask on this board. If you have a question and it's not answered here, feel free to ask.

Q: What is this game?
A: Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes (3 in Japan) is an action game made by Capcom. Essentially it is a cross between the Dynasty Warriors series and the Devil May Cry series, with an emphasis on doing some wicked combos.

Q: Does the English version have the original Japanese voices?
A: No, it doesn't. Sorry.

Q: Is Kenshin/Kasuga/etc in this game?
A: No.

Q: That sucks! Who are the playable characters?
A: There are 16 playable characters in this game: Ieyasu Tokugawa(new), Mitsunaru Ishida(new), Masamune Date, Yukimura Sanada, Magoichi Saika(new), Keiji Maeda, Tsuruhime(new), Kotaro Fuma, Tadakatsu Honda, Oichi, Nobunaga Oda, Yoshihiro Shimazu, Motochika Chosokabe, Motonari Mori, Yoshitsugu Otani(new), and Kanbei Kuroda(new). You may find this to be a rather small list compared to Sengoku Basara 2 or Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors, however the characters are now MUCH more specialized, which I will cover later.

Q: What are the differences between the Wii and PS3 version?
A: None, essentially. The PS3 has better framerates in 2 player. It also has better graphics.

Q: How do I unlock Nobunaga?
A: Complete Oichi's story once. Then, playing as Oichi again, take her Green route. Once you get to Hideaki's stage, follow Tenkai when they split up. He will take a hidden path to the left (DO NOT kill the guard in front of Hideaki's castle). Then just finish the route. After that pick any character whose story you have completed at least once (except for Oichi). Take their regular first route and when you get to their last fight (usually Sekigahara) Honnoji will show up as well. Complete that stage, and voila.

Q: What do fugitives do?
A: Killing a fugitive will make them drop an item that will raise either Attack, Defense, or Luck permanantly. Fugitives show up randomly and will appear at one of 3 spots in
a stage. Having Hattori Hanzo as an ally will make them appear twice as much, and show their position on the map once you max his compatibility.

Q: How do I unlock Hattori Hanzo?
A: Beat Kotaro's story once. Then take his blue route clearing the following stages: Noshima (Tsuruhime) > Nakatomigawa (Motochika) > Osaka (Mitsunari) > Mikatagahara (Ieyasu)
You will get him after that.

Q: There are so many different routes! HALP!
A: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoKruCqo-JXNdHVYQzZUcXc0blJRSzM2WlMybHFweEE&hl=en#gid=10
Stages highlighted in yellow indicate stages that give you Allies. (Credits go to AdawgDaFAB for, y'know, making it.)

Q: How do I get all the materials?!?!?!?
A: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoKruCqo-JXNdHVYQzZUcXc0blJRSzM2WlMybHFweEE&hl=en#gid=8
(Again, credits to AdawgDaFAB)

Q: How do I get 100% for Nobunaga?!
A: Take his red path twice, once killing Hideaki and once killing Tenkai.

Q: What is the best level for grinding to 100?
A: Sekigahara - Intrusion. You'll know why when you play it.

Q: What is a good level to farm weapons on?
A: Tetorigawa. Equip some luck accessories. Skip capturing the bases and just kill Matsu, once she is dead kill Toshiie.

Q: Well, how do I unlock that map?
A: Kanbei - Red, Keiji - Green (take his blue route), Yoshihiro - Blue, Nobunaga - Blue. Kanbei, Keiji, and Nobunaga can unlock the stage on their first playthrough.

Q: Why is Magoichi Saika a girl?
A: I don't know, but she is damn fine.

* DO NOT POST YET*
---
http://backloggery.com/kratos1173
#2Kratos1173(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2010 1:57:02 PMmessage detail
Q: What does the "Mo" in Motochika stand for?
A: Mo is for money Captain, you can never have enough!

Q: How do I make my character OP?
A: Equip Rear Line and 5 Gold Mantises. You are now broken.

Q: What do all the Personal Items do, and how do I get them?
A: Each character has 4 Personal Items, equipping all 4 of them will give that character a unique effect. Each time you complete a character's story mode you will get 1 of
their personal items.

Ieyasu - Permanant Hood Mode (quicker charging)
Mitsunari - Can stay in Reverence permanantly and you start off at max speed.
Masamune - Permanant "Six Claws" mode. Kind of a bad thing imo.
Yukimura - Fired Up can be used forever. However, it slowly drains his health.
Yoshitsugu - Hits on enemies that are locked-on count as three hits.
Magoichi - Bullets become ROCKETS.
Kanbei - Set bombs after evading.
Tsuruhime - Dash into enemies with bubble to "bubblize" them.
Keiji - Number of times you cancel hit arts increases the Zennys you get.
Motochika - Enemies hit by Heave Ho drop money.
Yoshihiro - You can one shot enemies, but they can one shot you as well.
Tadakatsu - Support mode can be used infinitely.
Kotaro - Each hit in the air counts as three hits.
Oichi - Can recover from death once. (LAAAAAAAME)
Nobunaga - Hero Time lasts a lot longer.
Motonari - Don't have it yet.

Q: What makes these characters more "specialized"?
A: Ieyasu - Can charge most of his attacks, and by using his taunt, he will put his hood and and will charge much faster.

Mitsunari - Can literally cancel his attacks into others infinitely. Simply hold the Triangle/Y button after an attack and he will warp to the enemies he was hitting, you will then be able to instantly activate any of his other moves, often skipping the charge times on them. Also, when using Lamentation you can cancel the move before it hits and instantly activate another move. You can also instantly activate moves after dodging.

Masamune - After using his Basara attack (which admittedly sucks) he will enter "Six Claws" mode. During Six Claws mode Masamune's moveset will improve immensely, however he will not be able to block or dodge. At around 30 he will unlock Wardance/Six Claws, which he can equip as a Super Art. This move allows you to enter Six Claws mode whenever you want, and by using the move again you can cancel it. Also after collecting all of Masamune's Personal Items (more on them later) and equipping them, he will be in Six Claws mode permanantly. I wouldn't recommend this on hard mode though, as you will not be able to block or dodge, ever.

Yukimura - After many of his moves he can eliminate his down time by canceling into his regular Square combo with a thrust attack. Simply press foward and Square after a move, it does require some timing though. Also, if you hold Square after one of his basic attacks he will do this flame lunge thing.

Magoichi - She can change between 3 different guns depending on which attack you use. She can also charge her Pistol and Shotgun by holding down Square.

Keiji - His direction triangle move will change drastically if you follow it after any other move. There are a lot of different attacks he can pull off using this. Think of how all the characters work in DW 3-5, except he can also link after some of his Triangle moves too.

Tsuruhime - If you time her Square moves right she can do some attacks repeatedly. Also some of her attacks can be charged, and if you let the button go during the flash, they will do more damage.

* DO NOT POST YET *
---
#3Kratos1173(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2010 1:58:32 PMmessage detail
Kotaro - If you hold Square after any of his basic attacks he will quickly launch the enemies into the air and if you swiftly mash Square after that he will do some warp hack attack. If you push X in the air Kotaro will do an air dash, which pushes the enemies foward and does minimal damage. More importantly, however, it resets his moves. Meaning if you were to use Spindrive to lift the enemies in the air, and then use Disperse, if you air dash, you can immediatly use Disperse again. You can do this infinitely (Shuriken > Dash > Shuriken > Dash > Shuriken wins the game for you).

Tadakatsu - Tadakatsu is pretty straightforward. The only things he really has are his special modes that he can pick between as his Super Art.

Oichi - Painful Dream, Forgotten Sins, and Deep Scars can all be used while doing other attacks, and while moving. Forgotten Sins > Deep Scars is a great combo to use. Dancing Dead used in group of enemies with a Dark elemental weapon can heal around 50% of your health.

Nobunaga - Once you unlock Slumbering Demon he will be able to change between two "modes", if you will. He will start off in Shotgun mode, after any Square attack, if you hold Square you will follow up with a shotgun blast, you can do this after each attack for the full string. Also when using his Triangle attack in the air you can hold the button and he will charge his shotgun. You can also use it after Final Rapture. As for Sword mode, after essentially any attack if you hold the button a demon will appear and do
an extra attack with a very wide range. Also once he gets Lamenting Soul you can pretty much one shot anything on Hard mode.

Yoshihiro - Honestly, there isn't much to him. His Square attack is pretty much your best bet. Then again I suck with him, so if someone who actually likes him could comment on this it would help greatly.

Motochika - ANIKI!!! If you hold Triangle after Chain Shot he will knock the enemies away again. If you mash Triangle after Chain Shot he will do this badass area combo. If you hold Triangle after Gone Fishin' (That broken ass net) he will combo the net and then break it. You can continously use Rigging Swinging as long as you hit something with it each time. Also Surfs Up is badass.

Motonari - Traps. Lots of traps. Hold Square after a regular attack and he will spin his blade (?) around very quickly (SHINING FANG).

Yoshitsugu - Lock on, and proceed to destroy.

Kanbei - You can dodge cancel out of most of his attacks to reduce the down time. Also if you hold Square he will spin the ball around until he gets dizzy, if you dodge cancel right as he does you can avoid it however.

-----------------------------------------------------
Credits:
AdawgDaFAB (Spreadsheet)
Capcom
You guys!
-----------------------------------------------------

* You can post now!*
---
#4Kratos1173(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2010 2:05:31 PMmessage detail
-.- forgot to include the list of stages.

Mount Osore
Dragon Race at Oshu
Siege of Hasedo Castle
Headstrong at Kubota
Battle of Kannagawa
Kawanakajima Tundra
Flooding Ueda Castle
Assault on Ueda Castle
Odawara Castle
Kaerikumo Castle
Battle of Tetorigawa
Cliffs of Mikatagahara
The Last Stand
Sekigahara - Betrayal
Sekigahara - Stratagem
Sekigahara- Zero Hour
Sekigahara - Ultimate
Sekigahara - Aftermath
Sekigahara - Intrusion
Kanegasaki Nightmare
Siege of Kanegasaki
Incident at Honnoji
Osaka: Winter
Retaking Osaka Castle
Osaka: Tiger Summer
Osaka: Dragon Summer
Saika Stronghold
Siege of Karasu Castle
Gassantoda Castle
Batle of Itsukushima
Nakatomigawa Fortress
Battle at Noshima
Pirates of Noshima
Mines of Ishigakibaru
Hetsugigawa: Memories
Hetsugigawa: Heroes
Ambush at Mimikawa

---
#5grimmjowespadaPosted 10/23/2010 2:36:29 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6grimmjowespadaPosted 10/23/2010 2:37:54 PMmessage detail
Sticky 'ed and great job listing the different character traits and the hints to unlock the Hanzo Hattori support etc.
---
PSN: JaggerJaque
''i'm starting to think publishers just throw darts at a map to see who gets what first now a days.'' - batmanfan15
#7moreykoPosted 10/23/2010 3:05:55 PMmessage detail
Yoshihiro doesn't need anything. I'd just put the fact that you can hold square to raise your sword and aim it carefully, because he only combo's if it actually hits an enemy first strike, and has a fairly narrow strike range with that first hit. The shockwave hardly damages. That, and he has a one hit kill attack that works on bosses (machine or not) and he can't be interrupted during the animation.
#8Pure_LionHeartPosted 10/23/2010 3:08:17 PMmessage detail
Fugitive Boost List by Stage (Courtesy of sunzi):
Osore - Attack
Oshuu - Defense
Hasedo - Luck
Kubota - Attack
Kannagawa - Luck
Kawanakajima - Luck
Ueda Flooding - Attack
Ueda Assault - Defense
Odawara - Luck
Kaerigumo - Luck
Tedorigawa - Defense
Mikatagahara - Luck
Base Defense - Defense
Sekigahara Conspiracy - Attack
Sekigahara Plot - Attack
Sekigahara Decisive- Attack
Sekigahara Assembly - Defense
Sekigahara Strongest - Defense
Sekigahara Traces - Defense
Sekigaraha Intrusion - Luck
Kanegasaki Nightmare - Attack
Kanegasaki Retreat - Defense
Honnoji - Luck
Osaka Winter - Attack
Osaka Castle Recapture - Defense
Osaka Summer Red - Attack
Osaka Summer Blue - Defense
Saika - Luck
Ujou - Luck
Gassan Toda - Luck
Itsukushima - Attack
Nakatomigawa - Luck
Noshima Ocean - Attack
Noshima Pirate - Defense
Ishigakibara - Luck
Hetsugigawa Memories - Attack
Hetsugigawa 3 Heroes - Defense
Mimigawa - Luck
---
We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies, and sacrifice all our allies.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/PureLionHeart
#9Kratos1173(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2010 3:11:26 PMmessage detail

Yoshihiro doesn't need anything. I'd just put the fact that you can hold square to raise your sword and aim it carefully, because he only combo's if it actually hits an enemy first strike, and has a fairly narrow strike range with that first hit. The shockwave hardly damages. That, and he has a one hit kill attack that works on bosses (machine or not) and he can't be interrupted during the animation.

Yeah. I haven't used him much. I rushed through his story for Tadakatsu and now I'm waiting for my friend to come over before I bother finished the rest of his routes.
---
#10Kratos1173(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2010 3:11:47 PMmessage detail

Fugitive Boost List by Stage (Courtesy of sunzi):
Osore - Attack
Oshuu - Defense
Hasedo - Luck
Kubota - Attack
Kannagawa - Luck
Kawanakajima - Luck
Ueda Flooding - Attack
Ueda Assault - Defense