Hot Potato

#1domnuPosted 6/27/2011 8:57:08 AM
Have you heard that one guy chime in with the gem "I see now. This is just like a game of hot potato"? I don't like this guy. How is Sengoku Basara in any way, shape or form, just like a game of hot potato? I doesn't make sense. Someone messed up badly when working on this game, or failed to grasp what happens when one plays a game of hot potato.
#2DraGonmotiFPosted 6/27/2011 10:40:39 AM
You're playing the wrong game if you want everything to make sense.

It's just a joke. you're not supposed to look any deeper than that
The ridiculous one-liners the grunts have keeps the atmosphere light-hearted and lulzy
---
"We'd all get along better if nobody wore any clothes at all!"
http://myanimelist.net/profile/DoomtrainGF
#3Chrebet808Posted 6/27/2011 12:18:06 PM
i have so many allies!
---
I was programmed to kill your ass!
#4demian0Posted 6/27/2011 12:30:20 PM
"You've been drinking the blood of your enemies, haven't you?"
---
Bender: I bet a lot of people pray to you, huh?
God: Yes, but there are so many asking so much. After a while you just sort of tune them out.
#5domnu(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2011 4:28:43 PM(edited)
I get that some of it should be mildly funny, or even if they were trying for humor, they could have made some sense. Some of the one-liners are funny, especially that zealot in Hitsugigawa, but this hot potato line is just way out there. It's just not funny to me. Did anyone find it humorous?

That line may make sense in a situation where you take an enemy base, lose it, then retake it, but I rarely ever lose a base. That line comes up regardless.
#6TomAto31415Posted 6/27/2011 5:27:19 PM
I thought the same exact thing. I actually screamed back at the screen "no it's not!"
---
Hmm. . . I should write something funny here.
#7Zell_Dintch69Posted 7/2/2011 11:13:01 AM
I love this quote, it's the best one, together with:
"Maybe if I make myself known-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!" and "Is that a dog?"
---
I'm the sun that will banish the darkness from these lands!
#8SelsidianPosted 7/4/2011 12:50:52 PM
I've always interpreted that line as if various officers in the field keep trying to hand off the responsibility of bringing you down, and no one wants to be the one to take it. Constantly 'passing' the 'hot potato', as it were.

But still, it's a joke. Get over it.
#9draewonPosted 7/7/2011 8:28:52 PM
i came here thinking about SB2H's hot potato VS mode and the prospect of said minigame appearing in the upcoming SB3U

god how i was totally wrong.....
---
Ryuha! Toho Fuhai wa,ouja no kaze yo!,zenshin!,keiretsu!,tenpakyouran!,mio! toho wa,akaku moeteiru!! ~master asia~
#10OldFrenchDragonPosted 7/18/2011 3:33:08 AM
domnu posted...
Have you heard that one guy chime in with the gem "I see now. This is just like a game of hot potato"? I don't like this guy. How is Sengoku Basara in any way, shape or form, just like a game of hot potato? I doesn't make sense. Someone messed up badly when working on this game, or failed to grasp what happens when one plays a game of hot potato.

I personally don't like the guy who always say we're showing off .

No we're not "showing off" mr generic mook .We're mauling your precious army to a bloody mush ,you sore loser .

My favorite line is the one who always go dramatic "You say we would go home togetheeeeeeeeeer !!!!"
---
Proferer des jurons toutes les 2 secondes ne vous rend pas "cool" ša vous rend juste grossier