Sengoku Basara 3 Heroes

#1Olivier HaguePosted 7/4/2011 11:34:07 PM
... won' t be called "Sengoku Basara 3 Heroes" after all, but "Sengoku Basara 3 Utage".
(well, that's how I think it's pronounced, at least... maybe they're being cute and it's actually supposed to be said "Sengoku Basara 3 Party" or something like that?)

* Eight new playable characters (Kojr, Sasuke, Kobayakawa, Tenkai, Mogami, Tachibana, Srin and Matsunaga), and it looks like there will be more reveals down the line (perhaps not playable though? I dunno)
* Co-op mode
* Some new system they're not unveiling just yet
* More lighthearted atmosphere overall

Due this Fall, for PlayStation 3 and Wii.
#2sunziPosted 7/5/2011 12:52:36 AM
Just caught it on andriasang.com, though it was called "Sengoku Basara 3 En" there. More lighthearted stuff was what I was hoping for~ Well, going to wait for more news then. Wonder what that new system will be...?
---
Now playing: The Last Remnant - AGO + SOIAO, Ransatsu
Hoyt GMX 23", KAP Winstorm 30lbs, 8125 w/ Halo, Easton X7 1714
#3DoomtrainGFPosted 7/5/2011 1:23:00 AM
Yes~ Now I'll finally be able to dual-wield me some chainsaws~

Going back to being more light-hearted is definitely a plus, I just hope everyone gets at least some kind of story this time.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Sorin. I'm guessing the Zabii-head will just be a summon/transformation type thing, I can't see that working too well as the main form.

But I think the biggest question here is, will they give Matsunaga a running animation?
---
"There are some things in this world that Xavism is just not the answer for."
http://myanimelist.net/profile/DoomtrainGF
#4luckytintinnzPosted 7/5/2011 2:10:18 AM
Damn it, I want Matsu.
---
OSU!!!
#5Giga GanonPosted 7/5/2011 2:29:22 AM
Besides Matsu, every character I was hoping for is going to be playable. Awesome. Also, I'm glad for the more light-hearted tone. I had much more fun playing through most characters funnier second plot then their main one.
---
Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!
#6GrapeCaoDizzlePosted 7/5/2011 4:05:47 AM
Good.
---
PSN: Nastydruidlover
MK9 Main: Scorpion. Shirai Ryu for life.
#7Olivier Hague(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2011 5:37:13 AM
>it was called "Sengoku Basara 3 En" there.

"En" would be the on reading of "Utage". Not impossible, but I'd be a bit surprised.
Anyway, the reason I didn't use the actual title when I named the topic was that I wasn't entirely certain about the title (like I said above). We'll most definitely get the proper/intended pronunciation in the next few days.

>I think the biggest question here is, will they give Matsunaga a running animation?

I've been wondering about that for the longest time, it feels.
#8DayWithoutGamesPosted 7/5/2011 5:40:45 AM
1st thing 1st , is this news real ? This site says that this game will release AUT 11 :
http://www.andriasang.com/e/database/games/sengoku_basara_3_en/

That means only 2 months away and I still cant find no official news , pictures , websites , etc ... from capcom .

Assume this news is real , lets hope for US version too , I hope the " En " in the title is short for " English " , not " End " aka The End of Sengoku Basara after the cheap lazy-ass milking game which is called SBCH .

And how the hell " En " mean feast or party ? The only proper definition that I can find from wiki is " En, direct transliteration from Japanese of Yen, the unit of Japanese currency " , so that means capcom want to suck every Yen from us with this game lol .

Finally Matsunaga can change from NPC to PC , it only took him 4 years to achieve that lol , and he is supposed to be an ambitious mastermind . And I will trade that dung beetle coward for anyone else to play with , even Xavier or Itsuki .
---
HO HO HO , SEASON BEATINGS , MERRY FISTMAS : check out my Fistmas sub-album here http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/daywithoutgames/
#9luckytintinnzPosted 7/5/2011 6:07:19 AM
And how the hell " En " mean feast or party ? The only proper definition that I can find from wiki is " En, direct transliteration from Japanese of Yen, the unit of Japanese currency " , so that means capcom want to suck every Yen from us with this game lol .

There are more than one Kanji that can be read as "En".

By the way, wasn't there a Basara anime movie released recently called Sengoku Basara Party (En/Utage) Edition?
---
OSU!!!
#10Olivier Hague(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2011 6:17:43 AM(edited)
Some clarifications (I think?):

That thing about there being more characters to be revealed might have been an overly hopeful interpretation. At one point, they say the screenshots only show (apart from the obvious eight from above) Ieyasu, Ishida, Masamune and Yukimura, and they explain that other characters would follow. So they might have just been talking about the "old" playable characters from Sengoku Basara 3.

Apparently (?), what's new about co-op is that it will be playable in nearly all modes. I guess there will be a variety of them, a bit like in Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes? I don't know.
Nothing about online as far as I can tell.

They're actually talking about adding several "new systems". Might not be much in the end though: I'll keep my expectations in check, personally.

Also, 80% complete.
The announcement was meant to be a bit of a surprise, considering how they said they were trying to release one game per year (and Sengoku Basara Chronicle Heroes appeared to be it for 2011).

>1st thing 1st , is this news real ?

Sure.

>And how the hell " En " mean feast or party ?

"Utage" means "feast" / "party", and "en" is the on reading.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanji#On.27yomi_.28Chinese_reading.29

>wasn't there a Basara anime movie released recently called Sengoku Basara Party (En/Utage) Edition?

The movie is called "Sengoku Basara The Last Party".
They explained that since they used English for the movie title, they're going with a kanji for the game, here (so is it simply pronounced "utage" after all?).