So, I just realized... *True Ending Spoiler*

#1SigmaSlashPosted 9/18/2012 6:30:39 AM(edited)
That June was the narrator. I knew she was for when she said "I am Zero" and all that stuff, but I mean, I just realized she was the narrator for the whole game.

It seems so obvious in retrospect, considering the descriptions of the dead bodies and what she says in Door 4 when looking at the painting.

"He had landed on his back, and stark white ribs jutted up out of his chest, like the legs of some sort of macabre crab." - Ninth Man description

"This is kind of a weird-looking picture. Do you think it's an abstract painting or something? It looks kind of like...a demon...with an elephant-like nose... ...Sucking on a human being's brain..." - Dog painting description

It's the same weird style of description!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMnhk26J1bM (Proof that Superman and Sephiroth are one and the same.)
#2PurpleMasterPosted 9/18/2012 6:39:06 AM
Even more astounding, you yourself are playing as June/Akane, who controls Junpei.
Ever17 is even deeper in this field.
#3ekamownPosted 9/18/2012 10:10:25 PM(edited)
Wait a minute, so the dialogues with no name and the whole narrations are all told from Akane's POV instead of Junpei? Are the dialogues such as "I don't need to mess with this thing anymore!" also part of Akane's thought instead of Junpei?

I think it makes sense when you decide to go to which door, the dialogue with no name says "Which door do you want to go through?" instead of "Which door do I want do go through?"
#4HiddenDoorwayPosted 9/18/2012 10:36:24 PM(edited)
The dialog with quotation marks are Junpei's thoughts.
---
http://i.imgur.com/RCzU6.jpg
#5ekamownPosted 9/19/2012 8:20:14 PM
If the narration is told from Junpei's perspective, it'll say "I" or "me" instead of "Junpei" or "he". Don't you think so?

If that so then there's question: How can June narrate the story if she is not in the same door as Junpei? It's alright if she is with him. Does she use telepathy or is there such thing like "two Akanes" or something like that?
#6HiddenDoorwayPosted 9/19/2012 8:36:46 PM
Akane views everything through Junpei's eyes using the morphogenetic fields, and she also uses it to give subliminal hints to push Junpei in the right direction.
---
http://i.imgur.com/RCzU6.jpg
#7ekamownPosted 9/20/2012 4:07:51 AM
So which Akane is it? Akane in the past or Akane in the present?
#8PurpleMasterPosted 9/20/2012 5:34:41 AM
ekamown posted...
So which Akane is it? Akane in the past or Akane in the present?

The past one.
If we go far in the analysis, we could actually say that the game takes place DURING the first Nonary Game...
Only when it's made clear that Akane is the narrator, we get the lower screen that shows past Akane's story and we get to see the consequences of her interference with the Morphogenetic Field in the upper screen.
#9FFnutPosted 9/20/2012 7:07:56 AM
ekamown posted...
If the narration is told from Junpei's perspective, it'll say "I" or "me" instead of "Junpei" or "he". Don't you think so?

If that so then there's question: How can June narrate the story if she is not in the same door as Junpei? It's alright if she is with him. Does she use telepathy or is there such thing like "two Akanes" or something like that?

The original Nonary game was designed to force a morphogenic connection. Pairs of siblings were chosen because the morphogenic field is stronger if you have a stronger bond with someone. This is why Snake and Clover were both picked, and why Akane and Aoi were both picked. Each sibling pair was split up: the "transmitters" are the siblings who were more likely to pass information to the morphogenic field, while the "receivers" were the siblings who were more likely to get new information from the field. The transmitters were all sent to Building Q and told to solve the puzzles there and send the information through the field to the receivers, who were trapped on the Gigantic and would die without solving the puzzles. Each pair of siblings was outfitted with the same number in the two locations to ensure their situations would be as close to one another as possible.

Due to a clerical error, Akane was put on the Gigantic even though she was a transmitter and her brother was on there too. (I guess they had them down as siblings of other people.) Akane's number in that game was 5.

Now, just because Akane could transmit easily doesn't mean she couldn't receive. Plus, the morphogenic fields transcend time and probability. So she unconsciously reached out to the field and found someone else with a 5 in a Nonary game that she had a strong bond with - Junpei.

The Akane from the first Nonary game is seeing everything in the present through the morphogenic field. She's actually the one solving the puzzles (in the past) and Junpei is just picking up the solutions via the field. That's also how Junpei remembers the coffin code - she receives the information from him in the Safe Ending and transmits it via the field. But the field works both ways, because Akane is always seeing Junpei's game too, and in the end Akane can't solve the Sudoku puzzle while Junpei can, so he solves it and transmits the information back to her.

Now fast forward to the present. June knows she only survived because Junpei was in the Nonary game. If he never plays it, it's not a closed time loop and the whole story is a paradox. So she creates the second Nonary game specifically to ensure that Junpei will be able to access the field for the final puzzle and close the time loop.

"June" is not narrating the story. "June" is one of the people who is playing the second Nonary game with the number 6 (or 0, really). The person narrating the story is a scared little girl named Akane who's trapped on a boat with Aoi, Light, and Nona along with Hongou and Detective Seven. June is just Akane years in the future.

That's also why the last door was reprogrammed with its new value. Akane learned through the field that Junpei's game would end with 2+4+5+7+8 so June changed it to allow everyone to escape.
#10ekamownPosted 9/24/2012 6:18:18 AM
So the real protagonist was young Akane which makes Junpei as the "sidekick", or rather "decoy protagonist".
She can always watch Junpei in the whole story through morphogenic while Junpei can only see her when solving the final puzzle, right?

Is this also related to when Zero said to Junpei "I'm always near you."?