Y'know, getting Axe right before Safe... (spoilers)

#1NinetoZeroPosted 9/22/2012 1:51:08 PM
Really makes you... kind of conflicted when it comes to your feelings for Clover.

Before any of the endings: Her thinking Snake is dead, and her seeing/not seeing it (depending on which route you're on)... she's so broken. Hollow. Dead inside. Numb to anything that might happen to her. She just doesn't care. But then she find out... there might be hope, hope that he's still alive, hope that they might escape together, and that small shred of innocence that still hides in her heart just makes you want to hug her for trying to be so strong against all odds.

Axe ending: She's a benevolent goddess that axes you in the back and steals your watch. Her offer to take Junpei along with her... it's so ambiguous. Was she really going to keep him alive? She was completely gone by then, her mind wasn't her own, or was it? Then she... becomes impatient with Junpei? But either way, you have to hold onto the chance that she would've kept you alive. It's amazingly creepy. And honestly, that last CG of her literally still haunts my dreams.

Safe ending: Suddenly you feel bad for her for being so cruelly murdered by Ace. And how he describes how he killed her... and Snake's reaction... that entire ending is so powerful, it left such a lasting impression on me, I couldn't play the game for atleast a week or so, and this is when I was all-nighting the routes, playing non-stop.

Clover's character is like a rollercoaster of feels!!! \(;w;)/
---
Currently playing: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Ever17, Katawa Shoujo
3DS FC: 4382-2149-3504
#2hailnickgriffinPosted 9/22/2012 3:07:36 PM
I think Clover had no intention to keep Junpei alive as she cuts his arm off even though he does not provoke her at all.

Either way, if she had taken him along (True Ending spoilers) It's likely they'd have died in the incinerator at the q door
#3SigmaSlashPosted 9/27/2012 8:43:43 AM
hailnickgriffin posted...
I think Clover had no intention to keep Junpei alive as she cuts his arm off even though he does not provoke her at all.

Either way, if she had taken him along (True Ending spoilers) It's likely they'd have died in the incinerator at the q door

Junpei solved that puzzle, though.

They WOULD have died if they didn't have the others' bracelets, though.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMnhk26J1bM (Proof that Superman and Sephiroth are one and the same.)
#4ekamownPosted 9/27/2012 9:03:04 AM(edited)
Mental instability for losing Snake drives her crazy as if she was possessed by demon. Like the real killer always thinks: "I just need your bracelet." So the bracelet can't be removed unless its owner is dead, right?

Did Clover attempt to find Ace and Lotus after killing him? Did she still hide THAT thing in the True Ending path?