Getting back IE1 members; can I get Dark Emperors; super link content? *spoiler*

#1Second_ChancesPosted 5/3/2012 12:11:19 PM
How do I get back Max, Nathan, and so on?

Can I get the Dark Emperor versions?

What am I missing out on if I don't/can't link Firestorm with Blizzard? I know IEGO locked me out of a ton of people and competition routes because lol no team zero.
#2GrilatePosted 5/3/2012 3:22:18 PM(edited)
Most of them are obtained by completing Competition routes with S-Rank, then scouting them. You can find a couple just standing around somewhere, I think Timmy's hanging around Divinity Cloister and Tod's at Naniwa Land's roller coaster in the east map.

Max is from the Warehouse (wi-fi item needed) bottom route, which is a co-op wireless route, so.. good luck with that.

Dark Emperors are unobtainable - super linking IE2 with IE3 will get you them in IE3.

If you don't link one game with another, the only major thing you're missing is Team Chaos, which is the final match in a competition route. To unlock that, both linkers must have beaten their respective game-specific storyline teams, Prominence and Diamond Dust.

Of course, without someone with the other game, you also won't be able to get certain exclusive generic players, or obtain the other version's exclusive team. Without linking to ANYBODY, you won't be able to clear co-op matches (with S-Rank), and can't get Max. There are also some techs that you can't get in one version or the other.

-- Twin Boost F is Firestorm-purchased only at the station in the post game, but is also available to Prominence's Neppten and Heat.
-- Spectacle Crash is Firestorm-purchased only at Osaka's Magic Moves.
-- Double Tornado is Blizzard-purchased only at the station in the post game.
-- Leaping Thunder is Blizzard-purchased only at Osaka's Magic Moves, but is also available to Diamond Dust's Rhine.

-- Cross Fire has a Fire variant only available in Firestorm, and a Wind variant only available in Blizzard. Requires Warehouse key from Wi-Fi.
-- Fire Blizzard has a Fire variant only available to Torch from Prominence (lv.77), and a Wind variant only available to Gazelle from Diamond Dust (lv.77).

-- Death Zone 2 manual is accessible from S-Ranking Osaka's lower competitive route, but is co-op matches.
#3Second_Chances(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 3:35:31 PM
Thanks.

Welp, I guess I need to wait for a certain thing to come out before I'll do the stuff that needs Blizzard version.

Do I need to unlock the warehouse route in a second game as well to do the co-op?
#4GrilatePosted 5/3/2012 6:09:59 PM
One game can start a Competition match, then select "Connect to player" or something (bottom option), then the second game can go to the Match option from the main menu's Connect menu and join it from there. It's not necessary for BOTH players to go to the Warehouse, but..

I'm unsure if the second game needs the Warehouse unlocked as well to join a Warehouse match, and I'm not sure if you need to beat the game to unlock the warehouse first. If you don't need to beat the game first, it's accessible in Tokyo with a key you simply download via Wifi... which isn't out yet, and the release date's unknown.
#5Second_Chances(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 6:11:58 PM
Would it be possible to use IE1?
#6GrilatePosted 5/3/2012 6:15:18 PM
That seems... unlikely. I think IE1 EUR does have the characters and game data from IE2, but IE1 JP doesn't. I can't imagine they'd let you connect the two games for a normal match, though.

Of course, though, I don't know. If you have the two games and two DS's, you can test by going to the normal Veteran Competitive Route and starting a co-op match, then trying to connect with IE1.
#7Second_Chances(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 6:56:56 PM
Grilate posted...
That seems... unlikely. I think IE1 EUR does have the characters and game data from IE2, but IE1 JP doesn't. I can't imagine they'd let you connect the two games for a normal match, though.

Of course, though, I don't know. If you have the two games and two DS's, you can test by going to the normal Veteran Competitive Route and starting a co-op match, then trying to connect with IE1.

The game says you can do connect matches with IE1. You can trade with it too; but you can't trade IE2 characters to IE1.
#8GrilatePosted 5/3/2012 8:33:29 PM
Huh, that's pretty cool then. Didn't think they'd put that level of backwards compatibility in, nice.
#9jessica001Posted 5/13/2012 11:46:18 AM
actualy osaka coach doesnt have any wifi co-op match , neither upper or down routes