Game Balance

#1grimdestructionPosted 8/22/2012 6:30:50 PM
Do you think they'll be able to keep all these heroes balanced?
Most MMO's have very few classes because it becomes hard to maintain a good balance of power between them.
---
LoL IGN- Battlecry
#2earthmaster3Posted 8/23/2012 9:28:09 AM
There are only a few ' classes' melee/ranged and power/accuracy/will/energy so far there are no characters with range power or melee energy, so it's six classes atm, but the trick will be in making each hero's unique active and passive powers unique and fun, while still being in line with every other hero.
---
It's like walking up to a girl you really like, going in for a kiss, only to get a casual punch to the face before the kiss.
- Notch
#3bionicflmerPosted 8/24/2012 3:45:32 PM
earthmaster3 posted...
There are only a few ' classes' melee/ranged and power/accuracy/will/energy so far there are no characters with range power or melee energy, so it's six classes atm, but the trick will be in making each hero's unique active and passive powers unique and fun, while still being in line with every other hero.

what are you talking about?
there's been no mention of classes in this game whatsoever
#4la2ya2nPosted 8/24/2012 8:00:23 PM
bionicflmer posted...
earthmaster3 posted...

What i think he is referring to is what it says on the website. Check out their website marvelheroes.com (i think thats the site) and when you click on game info and then heroes, it will tell you their main stat or "class" and then it will tell you their attack style being melee or ranged
---
b ^_^ d
Gamertag: la2ya2n PSN: ijama
#5earthmaster3Posted 8/25/2012 7:47:58 AM
la2ya2n posted...
bionicflmer posted...
earthmaster3 posted...

What i think he is referring to is what it says on the website. Check out their website marvelheroes.com (i think thats the site) and when you click on game info and then heroes, it will tell you their main stat or "class" and then it will tell you their attack style being melee or ranged

Yup pretty much this, it's not a bad idea, you can keep the uniqueness of each individual hero with the unique active powers, while balancing is done around the 'classes' so they only have to make sure the hero abilities stay in line with each other.
---
It's like walking up to a girl you really like, going in for a kiss, only to get a casual punch to the face before the kiss.
- Notch