Question about redeeming keys.

#1GuerillaGorillaPosted 2/19/2013 6:05:01 PM
I got a beta key. However, I'm afraid that my computer might be a bit too slow to play it, but my brother's computer might be able to. If I redeem it on his computer, can I play it on his computer ONLY? What about vice versa?
---
NNID: GuerillaGorilla
3DS FC: 0748-1993-0631
#2GuerillaGorilla(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 6:08:29 PM
Oh, what are the hardware requirements?
---
#3GenoPosted 2/19/2013 7:02:13 PM
I'd imagine it's tied to the account.

As for the specs, I think that's currently unknown. If it's not on the website, no-one really knows.

If you've gotten any computer out of the box within the last half-decade, you can probably run Marvel Heroes on min specs.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#4GuerillaGorilla(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 7:10:29 PM
Geno posted...
If you've gotten any computer out of the box within the last half-decade, you can probably run Marvel Heroes on min specs.

You really think so? I got this one from a 2010 Black Friday deal iirc. I certainly hope I can run it at min...

I imagine it's tied to the account too. But I ask because you can only download it with the code and it's only redeemable once. It does say it's an Installer though. Does that mean I can save that installer and install it on different computers, but playable only with my account?
---
#5GenoPosted 2/19/2013 7:31:20 PM
GuerillaGorilla posted...
You really think so? I got this one from a 2010 Black Friday deal iirc. I certainly hope I can run it at min...

I imagine it's tied to the account too. But I ask because you can only download it with the code and it's only redeemable once. It does say it's an Installer though. Does that mean I can save that installer and install it on different computers, but playable only with my account?

Possibly. Since you're in the beta, you have access to the official forums. Might be best to ask, or seek an answer, there.

And, yeah, I'm fairly certain. If the computer's only three years old, you'll be fine. Worse comes to worse, just find out if your computer model can support swapping out things and get a new video card/memory.
---
#6GuerillaGorilla(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 7:52:47 PM(edited)
I doubt it. It's a laptop. :P Good call on the official forums though. I'll go check there.
---
#7GuerillaGorilla(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 7:55:42 PM
Oh right, I haven't redeemed it yet, so I can't access them forums. I'll just give in and download it to my craptop and see how it goes.

I've been wanting to get a Lenovo Y580, but the deals for it recenetly haven't been that great.
---
#8GenoPosted 2/19/2013 8:18:36 PM
GuerillaGorilla posted...
Oh right, I haven't redeemed it yet, so I can't access them forums. I'll just give in and download it to my craptop and see how it goes.

I've been wanting to get a Lenovo Y580, but the deals for it recenetly haven't been that great.

Laptops for gaming are, of course, not at all cheap, because the tech to make it desktop quality in such a small space is still extremely expensive. Better off getting a desktop/building your own computer. And building your own computer is considerably less expensive since you're cutting out the middle man. Of course, not everyone can build their own computer, which is why box computers are so good. Just pull it out of the box, hook it up, it's practically idiot-proof.

Not to say you're an idiot or anything, but as I said, building computers isn't for everyone.

I just suggest grabbing a box desktop. Something with 4+ GB mem, dual/triple core anything over 3 GHZ for the processor can no doubt run Marvel Heroes at default/mid specs without chugging in chaotic places.
---
#9GuerillaGorilla(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 8:32:45 PM
Of course, I know desktops are better. The reason I'm opting for a laptop now is because my current living conditions has absolutely no room for a desktop computer.

How do I check my current system's specs?
---
#10SirTubbsPosted 2/19/2013 10:13:55 PM(edited)
The key is bound to the account. I've downloaded and played on three computers without a problem. And I'll warn you that the game is not completely optimized as of yet, so running it on a non gaming laptop is not ideal for the time being.
---
XBL: sirtubbsalot