Costume core

#1ManstartPosted 7/9/2013 3:53:18 PM
Why is everyone so obsessed with the special item find?
Does that even work for hero token drop?
I think I will go with the main attributes but wonders if the costume core can go above the general stats limit.
---
AC Milan - 7 time European champion, 4 time European supercup winner
#2deltamiragePosted 7/9/2013 4:16:49 PM
Because Special Item find increases Hero/Costume drop chance. You can argue the only real reason most people even still play this game is for hero drops.

Question answered.
---
But it doesn't matter because Injustice started at 9.
#3Manstart(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 4:21:43 PM
So rarity boost doesnt but special item find does?
---
AC Milan - 7 time European champion, 4 time European supercup winner
#4H02-1000Posted 7/9/2013 4:28:12 PM
Manstart posted...

Rarity drop affects the drop rate of equipment items.

Special Item Find increases the drop rate of heroes/costumes.

That being said, the highest special find you can find on an item is 20%, which is nearly nothing.
However, the costume core stats really aren't that great, so choosing between 20% item find or 1 strength is completely up to you.
#5GuilmonDXPosted 7/9/2013 4:50:19 PM
I got few questions relating to this topic.

1) When Storm's stats maxed at lv 54, can I put Energy Core on her costume to max out her Energy stat?

2) Do I need to get her stats maxed before putting the CC on her outfit or can I do it beforehand and still get the same results?
---
"Do not pray for an easy life, but pray for the strength to endure a hard one." - Bruce Lee
#6BiglabronPosted 7/9/2013 5:31:50 PM
H02-1000 posted...
Manstart posted...

That being said, the highest special find you can find on an item is 20%, which is nearly nothing.
However, the costume core stats really aren't that great, so choosing between 20% item find or 1 strength is completely up to you.

Not true, I have boots with 22% special find. The question is does cores max out at 20%.

As for stats on gear, Heroes that fall short say 1 energy point sitting at 2 bars below max benifit from a energy core. It would provide them with 1 spirit per second. Fighting is a good core stat as well.

Most cases if you are putting a stat on core it should be durability/fighting/energy. These 3 provide a ton of benefits compared to the others.

Someone like storm can put 19 points into her passive gaining 4.0 spirit per second. Add on a energy core at that time and you have 5.0 spirit per second. Get a magneto medal with like 21% reduction cost and 2x power prism shards. Grats now you have inifinite spirt and never go OOM.
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#7DoctorDoom80Posted 7/9/2013 5:38:51 PM
Supposedly they are reducing the cost of slotting a core in an upcoming patch.
---
Marvel Heroes: NightmareDJK - Battle.net Tag (Diablo III): DoctorDoom#1357
D3 Profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DoctorDoom-1357/
#8H02-1000Posted 7/9/2013 5:39:45 PM
Biglabron posted...
H02-1000 posted...
Manstart posted...

Not true, I have boots with 22% special find. The question is does cores max out at 20%.

As for stats on gear, Heroes that fall short say 1 energy point sitting at 2 bars below max benifit from a energy core. It would provide them with 1 spirit per second. Fighting is a good core stat as well.

Most cases if you are putting a stat on core it should be durability/fighting/energy. These 3 provide a ton of benefits compared to the others.

Someone like storm can put 19 points into her passive gaining 4.0 spirit per second. Add on a energy core at that time and you have 5.0 spirit per second. Get a magneto medal with like 21% reduction cost and 2x power prism shards. Grats now you have inifinite spirt and never go OOM.

Yeah, I meant to say costume cores. I'm about 95% sure it's 20% max for costume cores.
#9HydroCannabinolPosted 7/9/2013 11:07:21 PM
H02-1000 posted...
Biglabron posted...
H02-1000 posted...
Manstart posted...

Yeah, I meant to say costume cores. I'm about 95% sure it's 20% max for costume cores.

It's 25%. Fact.

People on this board have found higher than 20. Use the search function.
---
PSN: Mind Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#10mastershakezPosted 7/10/2013 12:14:04 AM
^
Actually, I'm pretty sure that SIF costume cores cap at 20%, and rarity costume cores cap at 25%.

If anyone has a 21% or higher SIF, please take a screen cap of it so we can know for sure.