How many splinters are you finding?

#1Yaboy125Posted 7/30/2013 12:15:08 AM(edited)
I haven't been playing test server because I heard / was told the drop rate for splinters was increased.

According to a doomsaw post on the boards on the 24th, the drop rate was tweaked already to what will be going live.

So how many have you guys been finding since 11pm (I assume PDT) on the 24th? Some people are saying they are finding as many as 10 per hour

Edit : Post including Doomsaw confirming droprate http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/3326/first-impressions-with-some-numbers-on-splinters/p1
---
Have you read the Old Testament? **** goes down in that. -RinkuTanuki
#2SaffronGhostPosted 7/30/2013 12:39:09 AM
10-20 an hour, yeah.
---
Le derp.
#3Yaboy125(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 8:15:29 AM
I find the 10 an hour hard to believe (not calling anyone a liar) just because I played for a lil while on the test server to try out a new hero, to see if I wanted to buy him first.

Played said new hero until 10 or 12, playing a lot of the new limbo. I found 1 splinter. Granted, new hero had 0 SIF, and I'm not even 100% sure I played for an entire hour, but I did get to at least level 10, and I used the entire half hour exp boost I got from a card, plus some.
---
#4MiasmataPosted 7/30/2013 8:34:12 AM
I didn't play the test server much, just enough to try midtown on a few characters for awhile, test human torch up to ~15, and test a few other heroes up to ~10. Not sure how many hours it actually was, but I have 80-100 total, I don't remember the exact number.
---
nklr
#5Yaboy125(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 8:48:56 AM
Maybe I was just having a bad streak of luck. I was concerned it was because I had 0 SiF, but since you were leveling new chars too I guess it was just a bad run on my part. Like I said, I know I was out there for at least a half hour because I popped a card. And I only found the one :\
---
#6Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 7/30/2013 11:36:23 AM
10-15 an hour sounds about right.

I was playing on the PTR earlier and I was averaging 10-15 an hour. I would take it with a grain of salt since 5-6 hours isn't a big enough sample size imo.

I plan to play some more of the PTR to test out the new class.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VgwJRED.jpg
#7SaffronGhostPosted 7/30/2013 6:29:46 PM
Yaboy125 posted...
Maybe I was just having a bad streak of luck. I was concerned it was because I had 0 SiF, but since you were leveling new chars too I guess it was just a bad run on my part. Like I said, I know I was out there for at least a half hour because I popped a card. And I only found the one :\

I was leveling my level 1 Hulk, same deal. They're being very liberal with them.
---
Le derp.
#8CourtofOwlsPosted 7/31/2013 8:28:03 PM
so they're not all that useful then
---
Boycott Best Buy!