Do you always revive people?

#1Hanzaemon_Posted 11/1/2010 9:32:56 PM
Under certain circumstances, I refuse to revive people sometimes. For example, if someone on my team enters insane mode, jumps into the middle of a bunch of enemies, then dies instantly because they brought in 0 potions, I refuse to pick them back up. After all, I figure that maybe their goal is to die given the conditions they create for themselves.

If someone else on my team revives them then so be it, but I won't do it. In fact, 2 days ago I was on a team in Industrial Castle where all 3 of my team mates did that. I refused to revive any of them, and instead continued the stage on my own. After a VERY long time and more than a few brushes with death, I beat the level on my own. But as the boss was going down, I just left the game so it would register as still incomplete for those 3 noobs.

Anyone else do anything similar or am I the only d-bag around here?
#2Frosted_MidnaPosted 11/2/2010 2:36:45 AM
If someone else on my team revives them then so be it, but I won't do it. In fact, 2 days ago I was on a team in Industrial Castle where all 3 of my team mates did that. I refused to revive any of them, and instead continued the stage on my own.

Yeah that is kind of not a team player right there. I am not sure if I would want you on my team.

But I rarely die in this game. When I see my team mates need to be revived, I do it AFTER I kill the horde of enemies. Only time I won't revive someone is if they are trolling on the last boss.
---
It's more than good, it's alive!
Warning: May contain stone hat pieces http://i28.tinypic.com/55gw9h.jpg
#3William406Posted 11/2/2010 4:42:03 AM
That's kind of a d-bag move yourself and a waste of time. I'll just exit the stage if that happens & if they don't get potions then I find another game. I played Indy castle on insane with a guy that we got to the elevator twice and the 3rd party member was already out of potions so the other guy that knew what he was doing, besides me, exited the stage. After the second time I just left the game. I don't mind helping people out and just because they are being stupid or as experienced as you doesn't mean you should be an idiot and waste everyones time.
#4Gen2000Posted 11/2/2010 9:10:22 AM
I don't revive at a moment's notice because it usually puts yourself at risk anyways unless you're Indy/Fencer/Blue Knight/Icekimo who have way more freedoom or just use Rammy. I would usually kill a few enemies or the whole spawn myself and slow revive for more health afterwards.

In the case of the usual "Indy Castle plz so I can get Neromancer" situations, yes I will be trollish similar to what you did in your OP mainly when people show that they didn't even prep properly for it and expect to be carried. In a few cases, I usually let the host control the map but I try to suggest they get some potions yet they still don't buy any and just hurries to Indy Castle. No, **** that. You are getting trolled if that's your attitude.
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
#5Hanzaemon_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2010 6:25:39 PM
That's kind of a d-bag move yourself

Kind of? That's being generous. LOL!

I don't mind helping people out and just because they are being stupid or as experienced as you doesn't mean you should be an idiot and waste everyones time.

Yeah, I hear you. For the record, I do revive people all the time. It is more situations like Gen2000 explains that I don't. If someone isn't very good and dies, but they give me their honest to god best effort, I always revive them. It is more when people knowingly go into brutal stages without ANY potions that I don't. I justify it by saying that they are wasting my time by putting in no effort, so I'll waste their time right back.

I know it makes me an a-hole, but I'm comfortable with that. LOL.
#6Tekken9292Posted 11/3/2010 7:27:37 PM
It's absolutely not a d-bag move.

They can't buy potions before doing industrial castle, or any damn level to begin with, then that just sucks for them.
---
PSN ID: TekkenDevil9292
I hate it when series go through trends. I expect the same game in a different setting, updated mechanics and or graphics.
#7Tekken9292Posted 11/3/2010 7:29:05 PM
I mean you'd spend the entire round having to worry about picking him up anyway, since if you die once in an insane level, you're gonna keep on dieing alot. You actually increase your chances by ignoring their stupid asses.
---
PSN ID: TekkenDevil9292
I hate it when series go through trends. I expect the same game in a different setting, updated mechanics and or graphics.
#8turtle225Posted 11/3/2010 10:29:57 PM
yea i had a similar experiance in indy castle. there were 2 guys and niether brought potions and i was unable to win the mission with them constantly leaving me alone. Then they got potions and we tried again and they both ran out of potions after the first spawn wave. they were horrible.
---
,=,e
those who complain about the way teens act, forget who raised them.