Tent, Supplies and Portable Toilet

#1celebreiPosted 11/26/2009 4:15:40 AM
Where do I buy those things in China/Egypt/France?
#2TempohyeahPosted 11/26/2009 6:58:30 AM
at the general merchant in the market, the one in china is above one of the other shops or something
#3NightwishRulzPosted 11/26/2009 11:56:42 PM
Right. The merchant in China is a bit hard to find. You will find a long, narrow bldg. marked as the market in China. There are 3 merchants inside and none of them offer the items you need. The merchant you are looking for is in a non-marked bldg that is in the same complex. Just check the adjacent bldg's to the market and you will find the guy.
#4celebrei(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2009 12:09:59 AM
ah thanks guys! I'm currently in China and I don't know the merchant who sells those things, anyways I'll look around the merchant square like you said, thanks
#5MrSword1Posted 11/27/2009 10:09:20 AM
Portable Toilet?

I know my game is messed up because I don't have the option to buy that thing. . .
Also my Bladder never goes down on vacations. Fun either.
---
Space for rent
#6NightwishRulzPosted 11/27/2009 1:59:34 PM
There is no "Portable Toilet"....the items you need to purchase before going exploring are a tent, Shower-in-a-Can and some dried food. That's all. If you need to use the restroom while deep inside a dark, dank tomb then you have to exit and find a restroom. Btw...the tent is re-usable. You can pick it up when you are done sleeping so you can use it again. The other items you should buy a few of because they are one time use items.
#7ZaishiPosted 11/28/2009 1:36:29 AM
Not worth it anyway. Can just run back to base camp when your sim gets tired, it's not like the tomb resets, fruit is a heck of a lot cheaper than the dried rations, and being clean in a dungeon isn't really a high priority.
#8TheSocialBunnyPosted 11/28/2009 2:44:42 AM
The dried rations have the Good/Great Meal moodlet, so they're not bad considering their price. You'll find plenty of high quality rations on your adventure though, so I've actually stockpiled some 40 just from treasure, so there's no real need to buy them in bulk.

I generally don't send my sims off on Adventures unless they have Steel Bladder, Dirt Defiant and Hardly Hungry, it makes it so you can focus on your sim getting solving puzzles and less about them wetting themselves.

The Sultan's Tabernacle is the best tent in the game and can be bought for some 2500 Ancient Coins and Visa 3, but if you spam the Moodlet Manager as much as I do, sleep becomes a foreign concept to your sims.