Library Under the Sands - broken!

#1K_NekoPosted 12/29/2009 10:06:53 PM
So. Freaking. FRUSTRATING.

Okay, so I get the Library Under the Sands adventure, which requires I befriend someone to get into the specific house they live in. However, the house is always empty, and after a bit of investigation I realize that the man living there is the *relic merchant*, and the merchants are forced to stand behind their registers 24/7. Well, okay, let's see if he's married or is living there alone. Well, turns out he's married...

...to the FOOD MERCHANT.

Augh. And the worst thing is, I imagine they're set like this for the entire saved game, so I'll have to abandon my entire town to get that adventure corrected and let any of my sims complete the Egypt quest line.

Any ideas? I don't usually use the console commands, but when it's a pure game glitch, I don't have a problem with it.
#2sakituPosted 12/29/2009 11:06:51 PM
I had this problem too. Aha.. Just go to edit town and add some sims to the household. Then you should have no problem. :]
#3K_Neko(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2009 12:12:39 AM
That's a good idea. I didn't realize you could edit the foreign cities. Thanks!
#4DinosaurTamerPosted 12/30/2009 5:38:09 PM
Even though they are merchants you should still be able to sneak into the house at nightfall. That's how I ended up doing it though I don't think the household were merchants. Eh heh. Try it out at nightfall and see if you can sneak in. If not you could always go to edit town while at Simhara and create a character and stuff him/her in that household?