The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Question about spells

#1theotherspartanPosted 8/30/2010 5:29:10 PM
I'm a PSO vet new to both PSP2 and the Phantasy Star Universe set of games. My question is: how do I equip and use spells? I'm a hunter, but I want to be able to bust a Resta every once in a while.

Is there a way to put them on the action palette instead of mates or do I have to equip a wand/rod to use spells?
#2BlyrPosted 8/30/2010 5:30:12 PM
You have to use a Wand/Rod/T-mag.
---
"Too bad you'll never find a Beast that knows what chaining and elements are." ~joe10burger
#3BlyrPosted 8/30/2010 5:30:43 PM
^err, and to expand on that, you link the magic to them like Photon arts.
---
"Too bad you'll never find a Beast that knows what chaining and elements are." ~joe10burger
#4SketchiePosted 8/30/2010 6:15:00 PM
Since you're a hunter, you won't have access to rods, wands and TCSMs right off the bat. You need to go to the job counter and pick extend type. In that menu you have to upgrade the rank of said weapon(s) to be able to use techs with, and you will need extend points. You can get more extend points by increasing your job level.

Then you need to buy a rod/wand/TCSM. The 1* variations are always available in the shop in the demo.

Blyr has explained the rest.

Hope we have helped!
---
Became a Sage on 7/11/08! ^_____^
#5Jiero82Posted 8/30/2010 6:19:39 PM
and if your type is still level 1 and you want to use them, just lower a weapon or two and put those points back into wand/tcsm/rod
#6theotherspartan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2010 6:21:20 PM
Thanks for responding!

I was hesitant to get into PSP2 after hearing how horrible PSU was, but once I found out this one was going to have free online play, I knew I was going to have to go ahead and give this one a chance. I haven't been disappointed yet.
#7arwing789Posted 8/30/2010 6:27:56 PM
Haha, I am a PSO vet too brother. PSP2 is my first PSU experience... it's different. With the Action Palette and Photon Arts and whatnot.
---
It's pretty fun until my arms fall asleep...
Then it's REALLY fun because I give myself a "stranger".
- arucard199 on MW2 Camping