WoT Game 1

#1menalaos1971Posted 9/9/2009 12:24:59 PM
Howdy, ya'll. I'm an uber WoT fan currently re-reading the whole series before Book 12 Volume 1 - The Gathering Storm comes out.

I've been checking the websites and news since the first announcements came out about this game, but so far except for a few staffing hires there haven't been any details.

The devs website for this at the moment is:

http://www.redeaglegames.com/

They do have one piece of art as the background that is more of a compilation of different aspects of the world as their artist sees them. Hopefully we'll get something more over the next year.

My HOPE is that this game is an open world first or third person action game encompassing the entirety of RandLand (from the Aryth Ocean to the Spine of the World / from the Blight to the Sea of Storms). What I FEAR is a cheesy uber-linear experience that makes you ride the story on rails (that is the story in the movie they're making at the same time). Please not another crappy movie-game!

I'm also not sure whether I want to be Rand. My assumption is that the first game will be the Eye of the World.

---
I'm just like Jesus. I save... often! ** I can't give you your opinion. I can only give you mine. ** Ignorance is cured with knowledge. Stupid lasts forever.
#2menalaos1971(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2009 11:27:31 AM
I finished my re-read of books 1 through 11. I averaged approximately 4 days per book, which is a little slow for me, but I was into a heavy project at work so I didn't have as much free time as I like to devote to reading. I'm still considering re-reading New Spring, too, but I haven't, yet. Maybe I'll read it this weekend if I can't find anything better to do. Now I just need to hold out for 6 weeks until The Gathering Storm finally comes out.
---
I'm just like Jesus. I save... often! ** I can't give you your opinion. I can only give you mine. ** Ignorance is cured with knowledge. Stupid lasts forever.
#3mandaloretasticPosted 10/5/2009 5:50:26 PM
It's most likely going to be a action game of some sort. It'll be like.... like the LOTR games most likely. That or maybe some sort of RTS or something. It'll probably cover atleast a couple books, I don't think they are going to make like... 10-11 movies.
---
GT: Comandersnow Being a gamer, its my anti- Tier.
Your friendly neighborhood Anti-tierist. Aion/Siel/Gladiator/Tanjiro
#4menalaos1971(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2009 5:47:03 AM
Honestly they could skip a few of the books and not ruin the story, and there are a lot of the sub-plots that could go away. I hope to god that the whole Faile captured by the Shaido plotline dies a swift and silent death.
---
#5DirtyJ78Posted 10/11/2009 3:43:15 PM
without Faile you lose about half of Perrin's story, and I loved Perrin's story before she came into the picture. RJ def went overboard on the spin off characters.

I'm hoping for an Oblivion/Fallout 3 world- open world sand box, that as you level up the game progresses into the story more. Also something where you can create your own character and be part of the major events in the books but not even come in contact or very little contact with the man POV characters in the books- I've been thinking this same format would be awesome for George RR Martin's ASOIAF game too.
#6menalaos1971(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2009 6:37:10 PM
I'd like to be a side-character, too. Like a Thom who sort jumps on the ride every once and while, but then goes off to do his own thing. But not a gleeman, of course. I'd want to be a sword fighting rogue that eventually joins the Ashaman and sides with Rand.
---