Completing the First Mission?

#1CactusCadetPosted 3/9/2010 3:09:26 PM
After completing the Invasion of Poland "tutorial" I returned to Kiel to select my first mission.

I got the brief from the Ops-O, selected the mission "British Coastal Waters" and went out on patrol. After several refits I completed the mission tasking (Sink 50,000 tons). Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to "complete" the mission.

There doesn't seem to be any sort of ending or acknowledgment that the mission has been completed. When I return to select another mission the first mission can still be requested as if the mission requirements had not been met.

Has anyone completed the first mission? Any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks!
#2Elso958Posted 3/10/2010 7:43:26 AM
Yeah, this one confused me a little at first. The objective IS done, if you've met the requirements properly. Click on hte cross on the main map, not in the breifing, but from pressing M, and if the bar is full (If it looks almost full, just compare it to the opposite side), then you have completed it, effectively. On the left hand side of the screen you should have the date, and a collection of crosses, most probably only outlines at the moment, but if you drop it down and check out the mission itself, there should be a bold cross there, that shows you've finished it. It'll tell you that you've finished it a bit more officially when the 'end date' comes around.

Hope that helps, friend!

-Elso
#3XandrezPosted 3/11/2010 6:51:38 PM

Hi,

"I got the brief from the Ops-O, selected the mission "British Coastal Waters" and went out on patrol. After several refits I completed the mission tasking (Sink 50,000 tons)"

So my question is how do you "select the mission "british Coastal Waters" ?

I have the same problem as firebird76.

Thank you

#4Elso958Posted 3/15/2010 6:10:23 AM
How do you select it? When in port, just walk up to the Operations Officer, ask about your current breifing, then look across the map that is shown, near the UK. There's a cross that you can click on, then a button underneath the drop-down menu that says 'Request mission'. Just hit that and you'll be on your way.

Hope this helps.

-Elso
#5KillerRig47Posted 3/15/2010 10:42:38 AM
Xandrez:

You have to buy the game to select the first mission. This is part of Ubis new copy protection that everyone laughed at. The game downloads "flags" from the server as you play, so if you don't have a legit copy, you can't download the flags, and you can't progress through the game.
---
My PC FTW!!! i7 EE 965 @ 4.1GHz Asus Rampage II Extreme X58 M.B. w/ 12gb Patriot Viper pc-12800 Ram/3x EVGA GTX 285 in Tri-SLI