How many players on the battlefield will this game support?

#1Zombie_MinionPosted 3/29/2012 7:01:59 PM
24, 32, 48? i cant ever get a straight answer. does anyone know how many players i will see when fighting?
#2antoinejonesPosted 3/29/2012 7:52:37 PM
according to all teh articles 32.. according to most of the ppl on this board 24... im gonna go with the articles and say 32
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#3Drakengard002Posted 3/29/2012 8:39:45 PM
I suspect that the beta will start at 24 and tweak from there. It's hard to say where it will end up after they start updating and expanding Dust's content.

When there are EVE wars that involved thousands of spacecraft, you have to think that CCP will eventually want to make Dust support far larger scale battles. The problem is that first you need to properly balance things out.
---
"Generally speaking, people who are useless at everything else become academics." ~ Bugg
#4DrkangelBTCPosted 3/29/2012 9:55:07 PM
CCP has gone in record to say it is 24v24 right now and will be at launch. The game has already run 256 player battles, and rumors they've also run 512.

They did say they are starting off small to expand it later.
---
PSN: Winscar_Shinobi Officer of Clan BHD: Better Hide or Die
Currently playing: PS3: MAG, Starhawk beta. PSV: way too many games to list >.>
#5antoinejonesPosted 3/29/2012 11:22:15 PM
DrkangelBTC posted...
CCP has gone in record to say it is 24v24 right now and will be at launch. The game has already run 256 player battles, and rumors they've also run 512.

ok now im confused is theyve done 256 player battles why start off small? i mean i thought the game would launch at 24 or 32.. then as the months progressed the devs do more tests and find out they can raise the max limit so they put that in a patch.. then repeat etc etc until theyre at 256... b ut if they have the capability to run 256 NOW then why not start with it?
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#6LesserAngelPosted 3/30/2012 3:20:37 AM
antoinejones posted...
DrkangelBTC posted...

ok now im confused is theyve done 256 player battles why start off small? i mean i thought the game would launch at 24 or 32.. then as the months progressed the devs do more tests and find out they can raise the max limit so they put that in a patch.. then repeat etc etc until theyre at 256... b ut if they have the capability to run 256 NOW then why not start with it?

Who knows? Maybe they're starting out small to make sure the servers are satisfactory. Also, do you know how long it takes to get a 256 player match if their isn't alot of people playing? it takes for freaking ever, so they might be starting off small so there are more matches, instead of fewer larger matches.
#7antoinejonesPosted 3/30/2012 10:21:06 AM
LesserAngel posted...
antoinejones posted...
DrkangelBTC posted...

Who knows? Maybe they're starting out small to make sure the servers are satisfactory. Also, do you know how long it takes to get a 256 player match if their isn't alot of people playing? it takes for freaking ever, so they might be starting off small so there are more matches, instead of fewer larger matches.

easy its called drop in/drop out play.. you can start a 256 player match with as little as 32v32 and more ppl can jump in as the match progresses... you dont have to sit in a queue waiting until you get 256 to start -cough- mag -cough-
---
#8ry_mannPosted 3/31/2012 10:54:56 PM
It's also to ensure the gameplay is balanced at it's core. Adding too many players can make it difficult for people to determine what is broken and what needs improvements.
---
PSN: Ry_mann88 xFire: ithinkipooped
www.clanbotc.com
#9KirbyWithAGunPosted 4/1/2012 10:01:54 PM
antoinejones posted...
LesserAngel posted...
antoinejones posted...
DrkangelBTC posted...

easy its called drop in/drop out play.. you can start a 256 player match with as little as 32v32 and more ppl can jump in as the match progresses... you dont have to sit in a queue waiting until you get 256 to start -cough- mag -cough-

You clearly do not understand how Dust works. Its not like Call of Duty where random people can play on whatever side, same goes with MAG. Granted MAG should of implemented it too, Dust however will be more allianced based and at this time little is known on how randoms will work out in this universe but I doubt it would be fair if one side constantly has 128 players while the other is still growing.
---
games: PS3: MAG,LBP1&2 and many others
http://www.youtube.com/wardeathfun for full list. Add only if over 18 and have mic.