Either I just can't play well, or this game is extremely unfair.

#1ZakurooPosted 2/19/2013 9:03:50 PM
It seems pay to win, for one.

For two, I just got out of an Ambush match where the other team was literally spawn killing us, making the match entirely one-sided.

:/ Dust 514 has a long way to go....though they probably won't correct any of this.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0130-1798-2750 Name: Dakota
PSN: Wolfy4226. Add me. Wii U: Wolfy4226 Add me.
#2darthsniderPosted 2/19/2013 10:46:12 PM
Or just don't play ambush. lol

How long have you been playing the most recent build?
---
[PHI] Darth_Snider - http://prohicimmortalis.com/forum
#3starslippyPosted 2/19/2013 10:47:08 PM
Correct with me if I'm wrong but all money can buy you is a head start or weapons a level earlier correct? Hardly pay to win, just takes more time than other games I think.
---
Youre the one who finished him, sounds like you did the sucking.-MKskarletMK clanbotc.com
#4darthsniderPosted 2/19/2013 11:27:26 PM
starslippy posted...
Correct with me if I'm wrong but all money can buy you is a head start or weapons a level earlier correct? Hardly pay to win, just takes more time than other games I think.

Well, you can buy BPO stuff and skill boosters, but yeah for all intensive purposes, all it does is speed you along.
---
[PHI] Darth_Snider - http://prohicimmortalis.com/forum
#5Poultrygeist13Posted 2/19/2013 11:32:11 PM
There's nothing pay to win about it. Everything real currency can buy can also be bought with in-game currency... except militia blueprints... which consist of an infinite supply of the same crappy gear you start with.
---
I guess it all depends on which voice you're trying to hear.
#6Kiriyama_06Posted 2/20/2013 1:51:14 AM
The reason you got "spawnkilled" is because atm respawn spots in ambush are random, which means at any time someone can respawn behind you. Until they do something about it I just stick to Skirmish.
#7Realtalk_CloverPosted 2/20/2013 6:46:51 AM
There are three types of Aurum gear, two of which can be considered Pay-to-win

The first of which is blueprints / reusable gear, these are generally low quality and thus not really Pay-to-win.
-

The second is gear which is one level higher than others available at that skill point level. This is Pay-to-win to a small degree, as someone could spend their skill points in other areas while still reaping the benefit of good gear without the skill point investment.

However, this is more "Pay to avoid the grind" than it is Pay-to-win. Most advantages granted by this set of gear could be bridged within a week or two at any given point.
-

The third is one that i feel is a bit silly, and the worst offender of Pay-to-win in this particular game.

Gear pieces that are equivalent in power to their ISK counterparts, but cost less CPU/PG to equip. This allows for normally impossible dropsuit setups that cannot be achieved by someone getting gear purely through ISK.
#8Lum_the_MadPosted 2/20/2013 12:29:42 PM
While lower Cpu/PG cost items are a bit unfair to start with, they make some sense I think. Most items have at least once skill that lowers the CPU or PG cost of the item as you level it up. Aur items would either not get this, or get less of it because the person isn't spending the skill points into the item like everyone else is.

Now if the Aur items both have less PG/CPU to begin with AND get the benefits of the reduction skills that would be cheap..
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#9Realtalk_CloverPosted 2/20/2013 2:12:44 PM
The items of that category are skill equivalent to ISK prototypes, but are AUR gear.

They require the skills of prototype, and have equivalent performance, but save absurd amounts of CPU/PG.

One such example of this is the 'Codewish' Duvolle Tactical Assault Rifle. It has equivalent stats to the ISK version of the DTAR

'Codewish': 35 CPU, 5 PG

DTAR: 57 CPU, 9 PG

these numbers may be slightly off, but thats still roughly a 40% reduction to CPU/PG costs, and they would stack with any CPU/PG reductions that they would get with the ISK versions.

For example, if your suit would normally only be able to fit an Adv. assault rifle due to cpu/pg restraints, you could pay-to-win your way into wearing a prototype assault rifle.
#10Poultrygeist13Posted 2/20/2013 4:30:09 PM
Or put points in circuitry... an extra 25% cpu is pretty helpful.
---
I guess it all depends on which voice you're trying to hear.
More topics from this board...
I found a New BoardMickeyRocksa17/28 11:07PM