Complete game come out May 14

#1noctis2341Posted 4/27/2013 4:01:04 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/27/dust-514-release-date-announced?abthid=517c2621dbfb7fce12000009
#2BeefBonesPosted 4/27/2013 4:24:33 PM
Not the complete game at all, just the next build for the beta.
#3antoinejonesPosted 4/28/2013 8:44:43 AM
no teh next beta build comesout may 6th.. the official release date is may 14th... so yeah... I cant wait til may 14th so the reviews can roll in.

I wanna see how "much better" the game is when itsno longer in beta, thus ppl can stop using the "its just a beta" excuse at that point
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#4JTStarkillerPosted 4/28/2013 12:11:27 PM
I know it's free to play, but will we have to purchase the game once it's released on May 14th, or will a copy of the game from the PSN store continue to be free as well?
#5darthsniderPosted 4/28/2013 4:00:21 PM
antoinejones posted...
no teh next beta build comesout may 6th.. the official release date is may 14th... so yeah... I cant wait til may 14th so the reviews can roll in.

I wanna see how "much better" the game is when itsno longer in beta, thus ppl can stop using the "its just a beta" excuse at that point

I wonder, has Defiance been patched at all?
---
PSN: Darth_Snider
#6BeefBonesPosted 4/28/2013 7:37:34 PM
antoinejones posted...

Actually the sp reset and new armors and build comes out the 6th. New weapons and other things come out on the 14th.

Dust is a forever beta game as it will continually be added onto and patched. Even ccp said the beginning of open beta would be considered the official release. The only reason theyre saying the game is going to be officially released may 14th is because Dust 514 > may 14th > 5/14
#7IamI3rianPosted 4/29/2013 3:51:10 AM
" Dust 514 > may 14th > 5/14"

I feel really stupid for not seeing that myself. = (
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
OSG-> Best corp in Dust.
#8antoinejonesPosted 4/29/2013 12:26:43 PM
BeefBones posted...
antoinejones posted...

Actually the sp reset and new armors and build comes out the 6th. New weapons and other things come out on the 14th.

Dust is a forever beta game as it will continually be added onto and patched. Even ccp said the beginning of open beta would be considered the official release. The only reason theyre saying the game is going to be officially released may 14th is because Dust 514 > may 14th > 5/14

lol i wish ppl would stop calling Dust a "forever beta" game just because it gets continuous patches and updates.. umm ALL MMOS get continous patches, updates, additions etc ect so world of warcraft is also forever in beta/still in beta even though its practically 10 years old?
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#9BeefBonesPosted 4/29/2013 5:25:15 PM
antoinejones posted...
lol i wish ppl would stop calling Dust a "forever beta" game just because it gets continuous patches and updates.. umm ALL MMOS get continous patches, updates, additions etc ect so world of warcraft is also forever in beta/still in beta even though its practically 10 years old?

No, WoW would still be a complete game if it released the original game and nothing else. Dust is still basically the core gameplay that they are slowly building on. Ccp knows the game isnt close to completion, but since its f2p and will constantly be updated, they have no reason to go through the semantics of saying it isnt ready for public release.
#10antoinejonesPosted 4/29/2013 6:06:11 PM
BeefBones posted...
antoinejones posted...

No, WoW would still be a complete game if it released the original game and nothing else. Dust is still basically the core gameplay that they are slowly building on. Ccp knows the game isnt close to completion, but since its f2p and will constantly be updated, they have no reason to go through the semantics of saying it isnt ready for public release.

ok so what about EVE Online then? its still in beta too then even though its like 10 years old and ppl are/have paid for it?
---