Jesus Christ this game is awful

#1XLegionDoom420XPosted 5/1/2013 5:12:52 PM
I tried it when it first went into beta, nearly a year ago, and it was terrible then. I hadn't touched it again until yesterday, and just wow. 14 days from release, and it's still just awful.

The game looks like liquefied s***, everything is the exact same color, the maps are so incredibly generic and bland the only way I can tell one from the other is because I know one has a desert in it and the other has a factory.

The framerate is so low I'd think I was trying to play Crysis 3 on a Celeron D with a 2600 Pro, which is amazing considering how horrible this game looks. It's a slideshow, if I turn fast in the middle of a firefight I can virtually count the frames.

The controls are absolute garbage, you either turn way too fast or way too slow, your character moves so lethargically and with so little weight to him/her you'd think you were on a planet with no atmosphere or gravity. You would think, given that this method of input is superior in almost all circumstances, that playing with keyboard and mouse would help alleviate some of these problems, but no.

The KB+M support is so barebones it may as well have not been included at all. You can't reconfigure keys, you can't scroll with the scroll wheel, the on-screen prompts don't get replaced with keyboard prompts, Jesus Christ you can't even browse menus with a mouse cursor. It's sickening how bad the KB+M support is, especially considering CCP developed EVE f***ing Online.

If this were a year ago then most of this would be acceptable, but no, it's 14 days till this game is launched and available to all, and it's a sick joke.
---
If you are a Jedi and 100% proud of it then put this in your signature.
#2lelewowPosted 5/1/2013 5:28:19 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3darthsniderPosted 5/1/2013 8:41:35 PM
Saying it hasn't improved from initial beta until now? lol

No.
---
PSN: Darth_Snider
#4RexVanZantPosted 5/1/2013 10:56:10 PM
darthsnider posted...

No.

I gotta say I wanted to love this game but it's hard to argue with his points, I guess we will see what happens on the 14th, until then ya it's still pretty terrible (multiplayer-wise, I actually like messing around with the abilities etc)
#5SophaerLamPosted 5/1/2013 11:52:44 PM
I get what your saying tc but the game will grows on you once you get use to all the controls, theres no manual on how to browse the menu but all the controllers button are mapped on the kb, I will let you figure them out on your own.
#6Lum_the_MadPosted 5/1/2013 11:55:27 PM
An update is comming May 6th... but it's not the full release of the game in any fashion far as I know. And honestly it's a free game, ot worth ranting about it either way.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#7BansheeNTDmodePosted 5/2/2013 9:01:02 AM
What did you expect from a company thats noob to fps? They should just stick to their ship battles.
#8grampamurkedPosted 5/2/2013 9:54:17 AM
Im with tc. I deleted this 30 minutes after downloading it. Absolute trash
---
New user...long time lurker.
#9STT_ZidanePosted 5/2/2013 12:07:49 PM
Currently, the framerate is all over the place honestly. I like it because it is a squad game, if you don't squad up, you will barely stand a chance.

Ambush (The Team Deathmatch mode that everyone THINKS is the starter mode) is downright atrocious because of the spawns (completely CCP's fault). There is not one Ambush game where I don't get spawn killed at least once.

Skirmish is a high battlefield where the new players, while they stay alive longer, are overwhelmed with so much information that they have no idea what to do. Incredibly satisfying once it clicks though, though not many console fps players will spend the time doing so.

HOWEVER

The new update May 6th seems to be a marked improvement in the right direction, graphics have been upgraded noticeably, the vehicles control better (accelerate with triggers!!), runs much smoother from what I have seen, everything just seems to load and react faster. I say wait for May 6th, then judge.

I know people hate the comparison to MAG by now, but they are very similar in vision, they both envision a huge scale of battle, and Dust can easily do what MAG couldn't, but it can just as easily fail where MAG did
---
"You can do whatever you want in life, ...unless Jay Leno wants to do it too." ~ The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien (In memory)
#10StrikeNinja24Posted 5/2/2013 1:09:08 PM
darthsnider posted...

No.

You'd figured that making the FPS stable above 30 would be important.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin