Everything is overpriced!

#1harcoreblazerPosted 5/6/2013 5:58:07 PM
This is just way too ridiculous, Dust 514 already died for me, if i want a FPS then i will get BF3.
---
Starting a flame war is easy, the hard part is ending it.
Official funyarinpa of the 999 boards.
#2BeefBonesPosted 5/6/2013 8:55:07 PM
o_O a lot of stuff actually went down in price, unless youre talking skills, in which case, welcome to specialization.
#3Lum_the_MadPosted 5/6/2013 11:35:43 PM
You can't even really specialize anymore. I have half the abilities that I used to, at lower levels of skills and I'm not even spreading myself out into other dropsuits or vehicles. I was just trying to be a logi and I couldn't even get my equipment and suit done, let alone skill up a weapon. I had 7 mil sp and I felt like I didn't acomplish anything.

I even made a new character and they still start you off with 500,000 sp but don't give you the free skills any more.. A new character can't do crap imo. Get used to the milita gear.. most people going to be using them for a LONG time.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#4BeefBonesPosted 5/6/2013 11:51:58 PM
They made it so people cant do everything now. I dont see how you couldnt make a good suit with 7 mil sp though.

Going to adv frame suits is only about 7-800k, complex shields 1 mil or so, put another 1 mil into whatever equipment, 500k to get into an adv weapon.

Thats under 3.5 mil sp and you can have a good adv suit. with another 3.5 mil to spend getting other skills up to decent lvls. Maybe boost shields all the way for the 25% boost for another 1.5 mil and still have 2 mil to spend.

Not everything needs to be lvled to the max.
#5Lum_the_MadPosted 5/7/2013 12:55:02 AM
Before I could do stuff, I even sort wasted my points leveling strange things that caught my interest. Stuff like maxing out Demolitions so I could have 17 proximity mines on the field at the same time.

Now you really can't get very far, even with a couple mil SP. New people however won't get any where with a mere 500k. They better get used to milita suits because at 190k active sp a week your lucky to get a skill every other week, if not longer. Never mind the poor saps who might spend points on something they don't like in the end. It's not like there is much of a way to test out new things without sinking SP into them.

Milita gear doesn't cover everything, and even what it does cover doesn't give you the full experience to really judge the weapon or dropsuit by.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#6BeefBonesPosted 5/7/2013 1:26:45 AM
So you got a chance to restart your character and you decided "these proxy mines are the way to go!"? Yet youre complaining that you couldnt skill up like you wanted to after wasting 1.2 million sp on high lvl Lav only weapons, that only have a chance to even be run over...

I really hope you at least use the remotes or else Im dumbfounded.
#7darthsniderPosted 5/7/2013 1:39:43 AM
Proximity mines? Really? lol

I can't take any damage, but dammit I'm (not) gonna kill all the vehicles! lol
---
PSN: Darth_Snider
#8Lum_the_MadPosted 5/7/2013 12:48:18 PM
I said I had proximty mine beore, not that I got them again. That was the point, I spent my points more wisely this time around and I can't do half the things I used to be able to do.

As for proximity mines they weren't a bad skill. They had no prequisit before, and were a x1 skill. If you maxed it out you could have up to 17 mines on the field at once. It was a great way to keep people out of Lav's, some free kills and you even blow up the ocasional wounded tank. Best of all you can just lay them down and then switch dropsuits and they would stay on the field.

Dust has entered the world of a true MMORPG imo, in that it now promots endless grinding for SP just to get any where. With the fact you can't really tell what something does until you try it you can also expect a lot of people to waste SP on things that they think would be good but end up to be crap.

I kind of feel this huge SP requirment is turning dust more into a Pay to win game than it ever was. People who run active and passive boosters all the time now are going to come out far ahead of those who don't. Not that it's really worth it. They might reach prototype level in everything for a fittng in about 2 years.. instead of 4-5.
---
#9BeefBonesPosted 5/7/2013 8:41:08 PM
Theyre trying to make people focus on specialization instead of having somebody using proto ars, then switching to proto swarms/forges for a tank that pops up, and then having a proto sniper for the sniper that is shooting at their team. Or people using proto suits and ars, then calling in a proto tank.

People can still have a decent range of skills if they only go to lvl 3 in skills, but wont be as good as others that go fully into one specific thing.
#10Lum_the_MadPosted 5/7/2013 11:29:00 PM
There is also a huge advantage to certian fits and weapons right now. Assult riffles seem to be insanely good at killing people, and it's one of the cheapest light weapons to get. It only requires a level 1 skill in light weaponry, saving you a lot of SP than taking it to level 3, or 5 for something else.

Heavies lose out big time in the SP race because their the most expensive tier in every thing they do. And right now from what I've seen the HMB isn't what it used to be. I will admit it was horribly over powered and broken before but it would seem CCP hit it to hard with the nerf stick, much like lasers.
---
More topics from this board...
This or Destiny???????ShinCougar29/13 12:03PM