Download problems

#1darthsniderPosted 5/6/2013 8:26:17 PM
I can get the PSN update just fine, but the in-game update is going no where...anyone else have this issue?
---
PSN: Darth_Snider
#2RexVanZantPosted 5/6/2013 9:29:09 PM
darthsnider posted...
I can get the PSN update just fine, but the in-game update is going no where...anyone else have this issue?

After a quick 2 hours im at 58%
#3darthsnider(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 10:15:11 PM
lol You're going faster than I am.
---
#4Lum_the_MadPosted 5/6/2013 10:32:59 PM
When I did the DL around 10am pacific it was pretty slow, and I can only imagine it got worse as the day went on. I would sit at 0.0 kb/s for long periods of time and then get a burst of data. The first 5% took something like 20min. It seemed to speed up after that, like I finally got a real connection instead of being put on Hold.

The worst though is about half way through my PSN DL orginally it said Download error, and forced me to start over.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#5darthsnider(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 12:41:49 AM
Finally downloaded..
I hate what they did to the aiming. lol Gotta love that deadzone and input lag.
Skilling is a pain too, but I suppose this is what they wanted all along.

First impressions are I don't really like it simply because the gunplay was perfect before imo and they messed with it. I'll get over it eventually.
---
#6RexVanZantPosted 5/7/2013 10:40:44 AM
darthsnider posted...
Finally downloaded..
I hate what they did to the aiming. lol Gotta love that deadzone and input lag.
Skilling is a pain too, but I suppose this is what they wanted all along.

First impressions are I don't really like it simply because the gunplay was perfect before imo and they messed with it. I'll get over it eventually.

Ha havent even got to start it up yet, last night I just left my ps3 downloading and it finished too late, from what I have read on here it isn't the most popular update ever though
#7IamI3rianPosted 5/7/2013 10:46:02 AM
Dropships are silly now... stupid hard to fly.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
OSG-> Best corp in Dust.
#8Lum_the_MadPosted 5/7/2013 11:39:50 AM
One of the main changes to vehicles is they can now flip. I was in a dropship that managed to beach itself side ways on the ground. With the way their thrusters work you can't do anything once this happens.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#9IamI3rianPosted 5/7/2013 10:17:03 PM
Can you flip them back over, like with an LAV? From outside of it I mean?
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
OSG-> Best corp in Dust.
#10Lum_the_MadPosted 5/7/2013 10:25:33 PM
Not that I know of, or at least no one was able to flip it back over. Though the fact you can recall your vehicles now means this isn't as bad as it could be. You would just waste some time, and put yourself in a very vulnerable postion for a while.

I will say this though since getting gernades takes far more skill points than just putting some points into a x2 skill, very few people seem to have anti vehicle gernades right now. That beached dropship I was talking about stayed on the ground for the remaineder of the match. At one point half of the enemy team were firing at it, and no one ever blew it up. I guess there is a good side to everyone using AR's lately, their utter pants Vs vehicles.
---