Wanting to try out this game

#1MahuriPosted 5/7/2013 5:28:10 AM
ive just got two question really, Do you link your eve account with dust somehow?, if so...what does it do?

Also, is the ingame ISK you use separate from the EvE ISK ?
#2darthsniderPosted 5/7/2013 11:05:09 AM
You can't link accounts, though you can join the same corp.

ISK is no object in dust...Skill Points however...lol
---
PSN: Darth_Snider
#3Mahuri(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 1:19:22 PM
Hmm okay, thanks

Btw, i noticed that you can buy the ingame items at the Eve marketplace aswell, can you get those onto dust somehow?
#4skermacPosted 5/7/2013 1:36:47 PM
I got this game almost a year ago, only 2 or 3 maps. I quit playing a few months ago. Very complicated to level up a suit and not a good tutorial anyplace to teach about the suits.

Plus the maps are way too big. You spend most of the time running to a battle. Die and run another minute or 2 to get to a battle. I spent most of my time running to battles. Very boring. I think I got 4 or 5 kills per game every time I played.
#5Mahuri(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 1:39:39 PM
Hmm that doesnt sound too exciting, I was abit sceptical about the game aswell, if it was gonna be good or not .... i might just save myself some time and not get into it
#6STT_ZidanePosted 5/7/2013 4:08:18 PM(edited)
it's free, what's there to lose? I think it's a pretty good squad FPS and like any other squad FPS, you're not going to accomplish much without a cooperative team

and the game is COMPLETELY different from what it was from "2-3 years ago"
---
"You can do whatever you want in life, ...unless Jay Leno wants to do it too." ~ The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien (In memory)
#7skermacPosted 5/7/2013 5:34:31 PM
STT_Zidane posted...
it's free, what's there to lose? I think it's a pretty good squad FPS and like any other squad FPS, you're not going to accomplish much without a cooperative team

That might be my problem, not be on a squad. I run around as a loner trying to do everything alone.
#8xdividebyzeroxPosted 5/7/2013 6:45:19 PM
skermac posted...
STT_Zidane posted...

That might be my problem, not be on a squad. I run around as a loner trying to do everything alone.

You can do that. Last time I played, squad's weren't mandatory, so you could go off and do your own thing.
---
Currently playing: Dark Souls and Tekken Tag 2 attempting platinum's
#9IamI3rianPosted 5/7/2013 11:15:39 PM
xdividebyzerox posted...
skermac posted...
STT_Zidane posted...

You can do that. Last time I played, squad's weren't mandatory, so you could go off and do your own thing.

Just don't expect to win.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
OSG-> Best corp in Dust.
#10JitawaPosted 5/8/2013 1:41:54 AM
The "official" launch of the game is on the 14th, which is supposed to bring a new game mode, maps, and some other stuff. The new patch which was just release needs some ironing out, honestly. It's not that different any other MMO launching I guess though.