Title says it all, huge disappointment
#2ALIEN-gunnerPosted 6/2/2013 9:27:14 AM
no
---
I am a meat popsicle.
#3ILikesCheesePosted 6/2/2013 9:38:10 AM
lexussss posted...
Title says it all, huge disappointment

Title actually says YOU know nothing at all about the game and are ignorantly venting basic internet hate towards it because of some failing in your life.

Or perhaps you would care to explain your stance in an argument a bit longer than a handful of meaningless and generic words?

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#4Lum_the_MadPosted 6/2/2013 10:25:13 AM
While there can be an arguement how good the game is, and it's many failings. It is free so the only thing you wasted was your time.... and if you have hte time to come spew hate for a game on it's own forum then you obbiously don't mind wasting your time.

Plus to be a pay 2 win game, I would imagine you'd have to be able to win at the game lol. You might have a slight advantage over people if you spend some money, but it's not a game ending one. All money does is get you the same advantages others have already slightly quicker. Honestly if you'd been around since the beta started, even if it was just passive SP your character would have better gear than some one who just started but shelled out 99.99 for the Elite pack.

You can only get equipment that is one skill level higher than what you can use normaly with real money, and the skill booster is only 50% boost of what you already get. Considering the cap is 190k a week for active, and something like 180k for pasive 50% more of that isn't a game changing amount in the short term. It still will take you months to get up to proto gear.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#5highsummoner1Posted 6/2/2013 1:03:25 PM
well it is true that it's pay-to-win 'temporarily' in a sense. all this aurum gear and skill boosters has given a HUGE advantage to some people over others. sure I can eventually obtain the same gear and skills but it will take me FOREVER to catch up (never if they keep pumping money into boosters), all the while my enemies are punishing me with better skills and equipment. it may not be game deciding advantages, but those not spending cash will need some serious skills to compete because the difference isn't a small one.
---
"Ye shall be as gods"
#6Lum_the_MadPosted 6/2/2013 1:36:40 PM
It's not like you can go from milita gear to proto type with Aurum though. You can only go one level higher, and even then it's a significant amount of money to keep yourself stocked if your using all Arum gear. There is also a limit as well. Once you've reached proto type level, you can't really gain any more benefit from using the Arum gear unless your some how low on ISk and to lazy to run a few ambushes.

Even the skill boosters have a limit. If you don't waste your SP and focus on one suit, one weapon and what not you'll be at the proto type level in a 5 months or so. After that all the extra Sp does is either give you some more choices in your load out, or get you the minor boost of some of the passive skills like hacking and what not.

In the end you can also get everything without spending a dime. With the fact passive SP builds all the time you could even NOT play the game and come back in a few months and be stronger for it. Sure there are some ways to get ahead with real world money, but mostly Dust seems to favor those who put the effort in and have been hiting their skill caps evefry week for as long as possible. Never mind actually going beyond your cap just for the 1k+ SP a match.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#7EX_BortthogPosted 6/2/2013 1:52:34 PM
Please spend money so I can destroy your Aurum gear and literally burn your wallet a hole
---
#1 Cactus
#8Mander1861Posted 6/2/2013 2:03:36 PM
P2W lol no
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#9IamI3rianPosted 6/2/2013 5:30:43 PM
P2W...?

Maybe. At this EXACT moment (assuming the servers were up) certainly, I'd agree. Two-three months from now... nope.

1) Contact grenades = Aur only.

-Understandably, CCP has had their hands full the last couple days, and never got around to adding in the isk variation.

2) Without boosters = better gear/skills

-However, this will change in roughly a month or two... at least for the people in the first wave of open beta. At that point it will be possible to have all (relevant) dropsuit/weapon/equip skills up to proto.

3) PG/CPU requirements

-Inarguable. Aur equips cost less PG/CPU allowing for better fits on the 'same' suits. Also, using BPO's can allow you to amass a rather large pile of isk which can be used for vehicles/PC attacks etc...

#3 is easily overcome with skill, planning and tactics. 6 good no money players vs. 6 good using money players is a relatively even playing field. The money players have a mathematical advantage, no doubt. It amounts to a few fractions of a second-nearly two more seconds of survivability in combat.

Dust514 is not pay to win. It's pay for an advantage... however irrelevant is currently is, and will become less relevant the more time passes.

People who go to forums (without spending a DIME on Dust) have a MUCH larger advantage than paying customers who never spend a second on the internet (other than Tranquility).
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
OSG-> Best corp in Dust.
#10obliviondollPosted 6/2/2013 11:18:35 PM
IamI3rian posted...
P2W...?

Maybe. At this EXACT moment (assuming the servers were up) certainly, I'd agree. Two-three months from now... nope.

1) Contact grenades = Aur only.

-Understandably, CCP has had their hands full the last couple days, and never got around to adding in the isk variation.

2) Without boosters = better gear/skills

-However, this will change in roughly a month or two... at least for the people in the first wave of open beta. At that point it will be possible to have all (relevant) dropsuit/weapon/equip skills up to proto.

3) PG/CPU requirements

-Inarguable. Aur equips cost less PG/CPU allowing for better fits on the 'same' suits. Also, using BPO's can allow you to amass a rather large pile of isk which can be used for vehicles/PC attacks etc...

#3 is easily overcome with skill, planning and tactics. 6 good no money players vs. 6 good using money players is a relatively even playing field. The money players have a mathematical advantage, no doubt. It amounts to a few fractions of a second-nearly two more seconds of survivability in combat.

Dust514 is not pay to win. It's pay for an advantage... however irrelevant is currently is, and will become less relevant the more time passes.

People who go to forums (without spending a DIME on Dust) have a MUCH larger advantage than paying customers who never spend a second on the internet (other than Tranquility).

1. The contact grenades they openly admitted were always meant to have an ISK version, and are releasing an ISK version of? Those contact grenades? ... yeah, SO pay-to-win that you'll be able to buy them with ISK soon anyway.

2. 5 million SP to max out core skills and a single role. That doesn't take too long, and you're competing on EXACTLY the same level as someone using Boosters and/or AUR gear.

3. Any item with better PG/CPU requirements than the ISK variant is being changed. CCP have specifically requested that people report instances of ANY imbalance with an AUR item where it's legitimately better in ANY way - including fitting requirements - than the ISK equivalents. They've got a pretty good record of nerfing these things back into line with being NOT pay-to-win in the past, so there's good reason to believe that will continue.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"