The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

armor or shield tank?

#1Toho2Posted 6/17/2013 11:00:39 AM
Which one is better? I'm thinking armor because of explosives.
---
-I like to explode stuff and set things on fire!-
#2Lum_the_MadPosted 6/17/2013 12:55:14 PM
Right now it's generally armor tanks but I wouldn't base my decision on that. Play what you like, CCP tends to nerf things that work on a regular basis. Right now armor tanks tend to get ahead because they can stack more dmg resistances than shield can. The tank is a brick but still rather durable. Armor tanks also have the benefit of being able to be repped by infantry units with at least a milita repper. Trust me when I say two or three guys in cheap suits hanging around a tank like a leech make it nearly invicible.

The big disadvantage to armor tanks is ofcourse they tend to be slow due to the armor plating. Which is why every good armor tank should have a nitro boost to get the heck out of there from time to time.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."
#3Realtalk_CloverPosted 6/17/2013 1:35:38 PM
Referring to actual tanks, Armor by far, more health, much better repair modules, much better hardeners

Referring to stacking health on dropsuits, shields are superior in every way, and then some
#4Lum_the_MadPosted 6/17/2013 2:02:01 PM
Ah yeah I missed that line of thought from the question. Armor is pure garbage on dropsuits right now. Even the talks of future changes to armor plates doesn't feel me with hope. With the numbers they posted right now the speciality armor plates are not going to fix any of the current problems.
---
"That is not just scraping the bottom of the barrel, that is lifting the barrel up and poking some of the slimy sludge growing underneath the barrel."